idk , just angst // Leerens

( angst * chefs kiss * also , dont @ me , but ,,, ND!Lee , just a flavor of one of my worse fears w / my neurodiversity  )

Charles' tears burned his cheeks as he threw the papers across the room. He knew about it, but this? This was the tipping point, it only sealed his decision. He wiped the tears away and grabbed his suitcase. His phone vibrated repeatedly and he left it to vibrate. He couldn't stand to look at it. He threw in his clothes, all of them, even the hoodies that any other day or time before would be considered his boyfriend's... his fiance's. With a small sigh, Charles was grateful the suitcase could even shut. Finally checking his phone, there were 57 missed text messages, 13 missed calls, all from him. One was from Eliza, just asking if he needed somewhere to stay. He responded with a simple yes then let his phone drop right by the suitcase again. He studied the room, determining what was his and what wasn't. Eventually, he took everything he considered his (if it was undetermined or too large, it remained) and stuffed it into a separate suitcase. After that, he grabbed a bag for toiletries and other items that couldn't be alone in the suitcases. Finally, he was ready to leave, all before-

The front door swung open.

"Charlie? Baby?" John called into the house. Charles froze, holding one of the suitcases. Maybe if he was quiet enough, John would leave to his fuck buddy.

"Are you here? I promise, I can explain everything," John said, his voice sounding like it was going up the stairs. Charles had no idea what to do, so he stayed still. Everything and nothing ran through his head. He sighed softly, not even trying to sort out his thoughts.

"Charlie, there you are!" John said, going in for a hug. Charles sucked in a breath and weaseled his way out. John frowned and got a good look at Charles' face.

"I'm guessing you heard..." John asked. Charles nodded, his thoughts getting confusing again.

"...Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment? Right now isn't the time, we can talk like adults," John said, a slightly angry tone rising in his voice. Charles wanted to say something along the lines of "I can't control it" or "I've tried talking about it". The words never found their way out, so Charles picked up the main page of the article, pointed to the headline, and flipped John off.

"Real damn mature," John said, unamused. Charles rolled his eyes and reached for his suitcases. John's hand met his, making Charles swat it away.

"Talk to me like an adult before you decide I'm the worst person ever," John said. Charles was careful to pick his words.

"You know I can't right now," he said, slowly. It hurt his head to try to even make sentences, but John wouldn't leave him alone. Charles took a deep breath and grabbed the suitcase off the bed.

"See, you can talk, is it so hard?" John asked, clearly annoyed. Charles closed his eyes and took a larger breath.

"Yes, now shut the fuck up," Charles said, equally annoyed. More thoughts filled his head, none actually making sense. He made a light groaned, trying to get past John.

"Just talk to me, please" John pleaded, "That's it. Talking like two adults, A and B conversation."

"I can't, I can't, I can't," Charles repeated, mostly for his sake. He wanted to say it once, but 3 times seemed to get the point across.

"It's not fucking college algebra, it's a conversation," John said. Charles scoffed, knowing he'd actually rather do college algebra than a conversation at the moment. He pushed John away as he saw Eliza had messaged him.

"Where are you even going?" John asked, following behind him.

"Eliza is here," Charles said, about to leave.

"You didn't give me a chance to explain," John said, stepping between Charles and the door.

"I have. Multiple times, you just ignored it or not paid attention," Charles said, finally gaining control of his thoughts. Everything seemed clearer and calmer as he shoved John to get to the door. He was exhausted emotionally as he left the house carrying his two suitcases. Eliza met him by the car.

"Hey, are you alright?" she asked, seeing Charles. Charles nodded and put away the suitcases and climbed into the passenger seat. Eliza got in after him and looked at him.

"I'm sorry, you don't deserve a prick like John," she said, starting the car.

"It's fine... I was... considering leaving him anyway," Charles said, still feeling a bit uneasy with words.

"I get it, I heard you guys arguing over you talking... Just remember to not force yourself to do anything, alright?" Eliza said, passing over a fidget cube. Charles smiled a bit and took it to mess with.

"Thank you," he muttered.

"Anytime," Eliza reassured.