Death and Desires // Leerens

( DONT COMPLAIN , OR ILL POST MORE ROYALTY

i mean , it was the plan to post more , but you know what i mean ) ( i hope )

Laurens's job was simple. Assassinate the young prince, Charles Lee. Well, there were more steps to get there, but, that was the plan. The prince needed to die by nightfall, or else Washington and Hamilton would be on Laurens's ass for not completing the mission.

He danced his way through the ballroom. The prince seemed to never deny a dance, so he was quick to move. Eventually, Laurens caught up with him.

"Your highness -"

"Oh, haha, you must be a new guest, please, just Charles is fine, no need for extravagant titles," the prince laughed.

"Right, Charles, may I have this dance?" Laurens asked.

"Seems fitting, but first I must get a drink of water, would you like to come with?" he asked, offering out his hand. Laurens agreed, after all, a nice glass of water wouldn't hurt.

"Where are the servants?" he asked, looking out in the crowd. It just seemed like a bunch of people at a party with no servants around.

"Oh, I forgot you're new here! I don't keep butlers, maids, servants, whatever around, I can do the work myself. But my father does make me keep Samuel around as an extra hand. Oh, look! Hey Sammy!" Lee called out to his friend, well, butler. Samuel was a quite nice young man, he was surprisingly even-tempered from having to stop Charles from getting in trouble, whether with the king, the royal guard, or even just to prevent injuries to the young prince.

"Your hi- Charles, how are you?" Samuel said, giving a bow.

"What have I said about the formalities? I'm not my father, and you've known me for 3 years now," Charles said, laughing, "Anyways, where can I and my new friend here find the water this time?"

"By the kitchen, stay out of trouble, I do not want another lecture with the king," Samuel said. The last time he let Charles off on his own at a ball, Charles ended up playing with the band and making his father angry.

"No promises, maybe this friend won't be another George," Charles laughed. George was also a prince who often got into mischief with Charles at balls. Unfortunately, their parents put an end to this immediately and forbade them from going to balls together.

"Good, we don't need another George here," Samuel said. Laurens felt uncomfortable in this situation, not having an idea of what they were talking about.

"But George was cool and fun!" Charles complained.

"You two got in trouble every time you saw each other, now go on, I'll be over here," Samuel said. Truth be told, he had a slight crush on George and was devastated by the fact he and Charles weren't allowed at the same balls anymore.

Charles dragged Laurens towards the kitchen and got them both a cup of water.

"So, tell me about yourself, how old are you?"

"19, you?" Charles said, a slightly bitter tone on the number. Laurens knew once he was 20, he would be crowned king.

"I'm 20, why do you seem upset? Don't you become king when you're 20?" Laurens asked. Charles's face grimaced.

"I hate the fact that the king is treated with such formality and as you might've seen, I'm not exactly the most formal king-type of person," Charles said, dismissing the topic.

"It's cute, I mean, I would've expected you to be the formal type, and here you are, seeming like just a normal teenager," Laurens said, smiling at the shorter.

"Well, let's go have that dance you wanted," Charles said, taking the cups. Laurens had almost forgotten his mission until he said that.

"Say, I just want to talk, how about wr go to the garden, no one would bother us there, right?" Laurens asked.

"I don't even know your name," Charles seemed hesitant.

"John Laurens, nice to meet you," Laurens said giving a bow. Charles laughed and gave a playful shove.

"Okay, okay, we can go to the garden, but first Imma tell Sam where I'm going," he said, walking off. Laurens followed slightly, and quickly felt his pant leg for his dagger he had to use. It was still secured tightly, and Charles was on his way back.

"Let's go! Before some girl wants me to dance," Charles said, rushing out. Laurens was in tow and laughed along. The two sat in the back of the garden, the only light reaching them was moonlight. Laurens shivered a bit, so Charles took off on of the thick capes and gently wrapped it on Laurens. Laurens felt himself blush at the action. Thankfully it was dark out.

Wait- no, he can't be developing feelings for the prince. He just met him and he had to kill him.

Charles led Laurens to a bench and they made small talk. The two laughed at random jokes and Laurens grew more and more unwilling to kill the young prince. He was so happy and seemed pleasant to be around.

"John? Are you alright?" Charles asked, seeing the look on his face.

"I'm so sorry for this," Laurens whispered as he leaned down to grab his dagger.

"Sorry for w-" Charles stopped mid-sentence as sudden pain grew in his chest.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" he screamed, looking up with pleading eyes. Laurens let some tears fall as he watched Charles die at his feet. Charles gave into his emotions and used what energy he had to pull himself up and kiss Laurens. The feeling dropped as the prince fell to the ground, bleeding out. Laurens heard voices calling for Charles, so he quickly ran off. The bell rang midnight as Laurens walked into the unaffected ball. He quickly exited and went to report what he had done to Washington and Hamilton.

Samuel searched around for the prince. Over an hour had passed when he said he was going to the garden. Boy, did Samuel hope the boy didn't get himself into trouble again.

"Charles? Where are you?" Samuel called out. He was nearing Charles's favorite area of the garden when he heard a soft groan. He gasped at the sight of Charles laying on the ground, a dagger sticking out his chest and blood all around.

"You're going to be okay? Guards! Shut down the ball! Make sure everyone leaves safely, I'll get Charles to the medics," Samuel commanded. The guards nodded and did as they were told.

Charles made a well enough recovery and to say the least Washington and Hamilton weren't happy with Laurens about it. But Charles never attempted to hunt Laurens down and give him death penalty, despite how much Samuel wanted that. He had to admit, he liked the boy and the boy liked him. No matter how frowned upon it was. Royalty with a non-royal? Disgusting. Samuel ended up being his co-king when the time came to pick either a co-king or a queen for the new king. It wasn't love, but a matter of friendship and Charles knowing he had fallen in love at the ball and never could fall out.

( yes , i posted it on ao3 last night , but eh )