Philip, don't // Hamlee

same au as domestic life is my style

Philip groaned to himself as the romantic tension between Lee and his father was growing. They used to glare at each other and that slowly became staring and looking away before the other realizing it. He needed to make a plan to get them together so his father would just stop. Angelica would be visiting Friday night, and Philip didn't know if that was supposed to be a deadline, a starting day, or what.

"Philip! I'm going to but groceries, Lee will be here!" Alexander called out. Philip leaned out of his room to show he hear Alexander and went back to thinking. Both men were extremely weird, when the other was around, they'd call each other in the more formal last name, but when they were alone, almost always they called each other by their first names.

Philip stared at the ship name generator, looking at all the weird configurations of the two's last names combined. There were maybe 3 good ones, Hamlee, Hamilee, and Leeton.

"Philip? Are you alright?" Charles asked from the doorway. Philip jumped and quickly changed the screen to Twitter. He looked back at Charles who stood in the doorway, looking like a confused father. Philip gave a nod to the question.

"Are you sure, kid? You look wor- ooh, are you-? It's probably better I don't ask," Charles said, laughing a bit. Philip had no idea what he was implying, so he gave a confused look.

"Nevermind, kid, I'm not the one to teach you that stuff, Alex is," Charles said, leaving the doorway. Philip noted the nickname use. Philip sighed softly, reopening the ship name generator. He decided that Hamlee would be best and decided to put it his plan together. Angelica could help him set it in motion as he refuses to speak for himself and to get the two out might require a lot of talking, aka Angelica's specialty.

"Hey, guys, I'm back, mind giving a hand?" Alexander said, opening the door. Philip left his room and went out to catch his father staring at Charles as he carried some of the heavier stuff in. He lightly smacked his dad, making Alexander come back to earth with a blush. He quickly passed Philip a few bags and grabbed some things to be away before Charles was back. Philip couldn't help snickering at the reaction. On his way inside, Charles was stretching a bit as he walked, and there Alexander was, back at staring.

"Hamilton, what has your mother told you about staring?" Charles asked, rather loudly.

"She died before telling me, asshat," Alexander called back, hurrying inside. Charles was able to get the rest in and he closed the door.

"You better have shut my car," Alexander said from the kitchen.

"For as stupid as I am, I'm not that fucking stupid," Charles said, going to help. Philip realized he was going to need to get this done soon or else he might not get a chance again.

~ Friday night with Angelica ~

Philip had shown his plan to Angelica and she agreed to help, stating "Dad needs someone to date soon, do you remember his lonely crying?" That made Philip laugh a bit, but also feel bad. Angelica was the first to head to the adults and put the plan in motion.

"Dad? What's for dinner?" Angelica asked. Alexander looked up and smiled at his kid.

"Well, I don't really know yet, I'll check what's there to cook if you're already hungry," he said, starting to get up.

"No! Wait! I think Pip's making something right now!" she said, trying to stop her dad. She was lucky enough that Philip was in the kitchen starting to boil the pasta from the cheap mac n cheese box. Philip looked at his dad, then sister and the box. He gestured between himself and Angelica then pointed to the box with a shrug.

"He's saying there's only enough for us, uhh... Oh! You and Mr. Lee can go out to eat!" Angelica said, tugging her dad back out of the kitchen.

"What's going on between you two? There's absolutely no need to go out," Alexander said, looking at his kids. Charles walked in, looking a little worried.

"What's with all the yelling?" he asked the family.

"You and dad are going out!" Angelica said excitedly.

"W-what?" Charles asked, looking at Alexander confused and a little scared.

"She means like going out to eat, not dating. And we are not," Alexander clarified, looking at his kids at the last part to his daughter.

"I wouldn't mind, I could pay if that's the issue. I heard about an amazing new Mexican joint downtown," Charles said shrugging a bit.

"No, paying isn't the issue, who's going to watch the kids," Alexander said, clearly making up excuses. Philip did a dramatic hand throw.

"Dad! Pip's 16, he can watch me and not burn the house down!" Angelica said, pushing everyone to the front.

"Are you guys sure? We absolutely do not need to eat out, or better yet, we could take you with us!" Alexander said.

"Dad! Pip's already making us stuff, just enjoy yourself for once!" Angelica aruged.

"Your kid has a point, you only talk about work or family," Charles said, falling right into their plan.

"Fine, but call either of us if something- anything bad happens," Alexander caved. The adults left and Angelica high-fived her older brother with a huge smile.

That night, Alexander came in giggling his ass off.

"Did I mention how strong you are? God, I can watch you lift and carry stuff all day and never be bored," he said, using Charles for support. Alexander was obviously drunk and Charles was not going to have it.

"Oh really? Like this?" Charles asked as he picked up Alexander.

"Yes, oh my God," Alexander said, hanging tightly to Charles' neck.

"Great because you are going to bed," Charles said, walking into Alexander's room.

"With you, right?" Alexander asked.

"What? I-I- I have my own place to sleep," Charles stammered, a little flustered.

"But, it's just us and tomorrow's Saturday, so we can sleep in all we want," Alexander said using his body weight to lean into Charles.

"And your kids. Besides, I thought you were aware that I go to the gym every day at 5 am," Charles said, rolling his eyes.

"Who the hell gets up at 5 am on a Saturday?!" Alexander said.

"I do, so have a good night," Charles said dropping Alexander onto the bed. Alexander sat there, confused. How did he not know that till today? Alexander jumped up and rushed to Charles, hoping to try to convince him once more in his drunken state.

"C'mon, just this once! And if it's so terrible, then you don't have to do it again!" Alexander said, wrapping his arms around Charles' waist. Charles sighed and turned around.

"Just this once, but don't complain when I'm up at 5 am," he said, looking at Alexander. Alexander smiled and jumped back into Charles' arms, despite the other groaning and protesting. Charles flopped Alexander onto the bed and slid in by him, unsure what to do. Alexander latched onto him, holding tightly while burying himself into Charles.

"You don't understand how long I've wanted to do this... your arms are so warm..." Alexander said. Charles melted a little and lightly held his waist.

"Shouldn't we change into something comfortable first?" Charles asked, lifting his head a bit.

"Nah, I'm fine like this," Alexander said, already half asleep. Charles nodded and moved his hand across Alexander's back. Soon enough, the loud, drunken man was comfortably passed out in Charles' arms. This finally gave Charles the time to look at his features, seeing how each one made it's way to his kids. He would probably not admit it, but for once in a long time, he felt safe, and in a place he would be happy to call home. Alexander shifted a bit and Charles couldn't help but smile at the little mumbles leaving his mouth before falling asleep himself.

Philip felt proud of his victory to get them together. He didn't mean for them to end up in the same room so quickly, but it just meant his plan worked better than he hoped.

( i love this domestic life au , holy shit )