Loga- what? // Leerens

same universe as fuck polynomials , but , like , logarithms 🤢🤢

Laurens laid face first in his desk. Yet again, he found himself stuck with math assignments, unable to complete them. Lee slept next to him, not paying attention to class. Laurens nudged him awake.

"Hm? Did I miss something?" Lee asked, still half asleep.

"We're working on logarithms, you should, oh, I don't know, pay attention?" Laurens said, letting the passive aggression run through his voice.

"Mm... right," Lee sat up and stretched a little. He unlocked his laptop and began typing in stuff. Laurens went back to staring helplessly at his work, unsure what to do. Before he could get another question finished, Lee already put his head back down and ignored the world.

"Dude, what the hell?" Laurens said, forcing Lee to get up again.

"What? It's only making the graph, it's not hard," Lee said.

"Not hard? How the hell is this not hard?!" Laurens asked. Lee rolled his eyes and opened his notes.

"First off, it's not hard because I'm not a dumbass like you. Second, you are literally only doing transformations. This is middle school stuff," Lee said. He looked like he was ready to fall asleep again.

"Jokes on this, I had a 74 in middle school. I didn't know what I was doing then, I don't know what I'm doing now," Laurens said. Lee didn't look amused as he rested his head again.

"Then figure out how to get a 74 without my help," Lee said. Laurens made a dramatic sigh.

"Please? I'll give you 20 bucks to help," Laurens begged.

"Wow, paying the nerd to do your homework? You really haven't grown from middle school," Lee teased. He turned his head so he was facing Laurens.

"Hey, I was like, 5'5 in middle school. I'm 5'9 now, so I have grown," Laurens argued.

"Oh no, what would I ever do about someone the same height as me?" Lee said sarcastically.

"Is that a challenge?" Laurens asked.

"You would know if it were a challenge. Or do you want help with your context clues too?" Lee asked. A smirk played on his lips, watch Laurens grow into a sputtering, confused mess.

"I-I- No!" Laurens stammered out.

"Alright. So you need help with math, English, and probably history. Yet, you seem to be passing the fine arts courses perfectly well. Are you gay, by chance?" Lee asked. Laurens made a straight face while he looked at Lee.

"I'm as fucking straight as a cooked spaghetti noodle," he said. Lee's smirk came back and he sat up.

"Darling, spaghetti can dry out. So, dry yourself out and figure out your math," Lee said. He kept smiling and decided to pull out a book to read. Laurens frowned and stared back at his laptop, trying to figure the math out. He was stumped, to say the least.

"Jesus, stare harder, would you? You have your notes right there," Lee said. Laurens grumbled, not liking whatever version of Lee this was.

"If you didn't want me to judge you, then you should've let me sleep. Or you can move next to Samuel," Lee said. Samuel was working on something, clearly not math based on the way he was typing.

"No thanks, I'd rather be with the nerd. Speaking of... 30 bucks to help me, take it or leave it," Laurens said.

"I'll leave it. Math isn't that hard," Lee said and he added a small chuckle after.