Last Night on Earth // Leebury

sooo , this is the story of lee and sam from my group chat book

~~ 1st grade ~~

"Sammy!! Sammy! Watch this!" Charles said from the top of the monkey bars. Samuel looked at his friend with pure wonder and excitement.

"Charlie!! Carefully, those are slippery!" Samuel called back. He wasn't quick enough as Charles slipped and fell to the ground. Samuel ran over, to check on Charles. Charles laid on the ground, laughing so much his face was red. Samuel looked worriedly at him, thinking he was hurt.

"Charlie? Are you okay??" he asked, bending down to look at Charles' face. Charles laughed more and tugged Samuel down to lay next to him.

"The sky's pretty right now," Charles said, waving his hand above them. Samuel nodded, smiling while he sat next to his best friend. Charles gasped and sat up. He took a couple things out of his pockets. Samuel also sat up, very confused.

"Okay, umm, if neither of us get married when we are, uhhh, 30! Then then, we marry each other! And these ring pops will be our proof!" Charles said, holding out one of the ring pops.

"But... Daddy says it's bad for boys to marry each other," Samuel said, hesitating for the ring pop.

"When we are grown up, no one can tell us what's good or bad. Especially your dad. Besides, Mommy said it was okay," Charles said, reoffering the ring pop. Samuel thought for a moment before taking it.

"Aw man! Mine's all broken," Samuel whined after he opened it.

"Have mine then, it's not broken," Charles said, holding his out.

"Thanks, you're the best," Samuel said, taking it. Charles smiled widely and took the broken one. The two laid back down, staring at the sky and eating their ring pops.

~~ 8th grade ~~

"Samuel, guess what?!" Charles said, clearly hyped up.

"What's going on?" Samuel asked. He pushed his book away and smiled at his best friend.

"I got us tickets to the Green Day concert!" Charles said, excitedly.

"Wait, when is it?" Samuel asked, his smile fading a bit.

"Friday night, my mom can pick you up from school and take us! Then after, we can have a sleepover!!" Charles said, happily bouncing.

"Can your dad get us? My dad doesn't like your mom a lot," Samuel said, looking away.

"...My dad? I, uh, no he can't... Maybe ask your step mom about it first, then when she says yes, tell your dad," Charles said. He stopped bouncing and a much more serious look on his face.

"...Fine, but only 'cause I want to hear our song live," Samuel said with a smile.

"I text a post card sent to you~" Charles sang softly.

"Did it go through? I'm sending all my love to you," Samuel sang back with a smile. He grabbed his book and kept reading while Charles happily spun around the room.

~ after the concert ~

Samuel and Charles laughed at each other with huge smiles. Charles' mother let them run upstairs to get ready for bed and just be with each other.

"That was so cool!" Charles said, flopping onto his bed.

"It was pretty fun... Do you have something I could wear? I kind of forgot about our sleepover," Samuel said. He looked a bit nervous, but he's shared clothes with Charles before. Charles was a bit taller, but the doctor had told him he was going to be that height as an adult. Meanwhile, Samuel was still growing quite a bit.

Samuel walked into the bathroom while Charles changed in his room. Samuel made sure to knock before walking back into the room.

"So, what are we doing this time?" Samuel asked in reference to their sleeping arrangements.

"I don't know, but no matter what, you get my bed," Charles said, scooting over.

"I've told you this before, I'm the guest, I don't deserve your bed," Samuel said with a sigh.

"Nope, you're my best friend, so that puts you on the top of the priority list," Charles said, shoving Samuel into the pillows. Samuel playfully glared at him and tugged him into the bed and held his best friend close.

"Fine, if I'm here, you're here," Samuel said, hiding his face into Charles' shoulder. He fell asleep quickly, letting Charles stare at him in silence with a smile on his face.

Little did Charles know, that was the night he had fallen for Samuel. It took him a few hours to join Samuel in a peaceful sleep.

( wow , okay , thats short , 700 words
but im also pretty tired , sooo , haha , bye )