MURDER DRESS // Marliza

jills right , i love that idea the most

Eliza took a shakey breath as she walked into the ball room. A simple job, murder the rival kingdom's heir. She was a princess, no one would expect a princess to be a murderer. Her dress was a simple one, off the shoulder straps, a lace over her cleavage, and a large slit in her overskirt, exposing her underskirt. It was a lovely sea foam green with a pair of matching heels and gloves. Her hair was perfectly braided and held in a tight bun, while her makeup was simple, only a pop of red lipstick. Under the dress, Eliza had a dagger, the kind to be described in a fantasy story, where the heroine kills her dramatically hot rival and dances the night away as if nothing had happen with her true love. That was Eliza's job, minus the whole true love thing.

The bell tower rung into the ballroom and prompted the band to start playing as more guests walked in. The Lee siblings, Charles being the one Eliza needed to kill, walked in, gaining the attention of almost everyone. The room fell silent, the only exception being the band, whom played as usual, as everyone stared at them.

Charles Lee and Maria Lee were said to be inseparable as a pair outside their royal home. When one was around, expect the other to be near. Everyone knew not to mess with them, Charles was very physically threatening and Maria loved to play mental games and make you wonder just how and when she would strike.

The walked in, arm in arm, as if Charles was only there to escort his sister in place of their father. That may have bee the case, knowing Eliza's kingdom was deep in war with the Lees'. Slowly, everyone took their attention off of the siblings, leaving only Eliza staring. Maria picked up on it and muttered something to Charles. Charles nodded and let her go as Eliza kept an eye on the prince. Maria returned to her brother holding a pair of champagne flutes. She death glared at Eliza while keeping her brother clueless of the situation. The glare sent Eliza out of the trance and ready to fight. She made her way across the room. Along the way, she took a breath and put on the faux, kind mask she was known to have. She met the siblings at the stairs, making sure her skirt didn't poke where her dagger was hidden.

"Hello!" she said just above the music. Both siblings looked at her, their resemblance very similar, yet different seeing as they didn't share a mother.

"Good evening, ma'am," Charles said with a bright smile. Maria gave a small nod of acknowledgment. They each held a champagne flute. Maria also held a small handbag, perhaps filled with cosmetics.

"How are you and your sister, sir?" Eliza asked, making small talk.

"Quite well, though I cannot fully speak for Ria here. And you, how are you?" Charles said, lightly poking his sister with his elbow. Maria playfully stuck her tongue out at him. Eliza made quick notes of how playful and informal the two acted, even around strangers.

"I'm doing quite well as well. I was wondering if you would be up for a dance and perhaps a stroll in the garden," Eliza said with a smile. Maria looked her up and down then threw her hand over Charles' chest to keep him from going.

"Mar, what are you doing? I would love to go, ma'am, just let me discuss something with my sister real quick," Charles said as he tugged Maria away.

"I don't trust her. She was staring at you the entire time I left to get our champagne," Maria said, keeping an eye out for their guest.

"Who wouldn't want to stare at me? I mean, have you seen my face?" Charles playfully said. Maria rolled her eyes as her brother didn't realize the severity of their situation.

"I'm serious, she looks like one of the Schuyler girls from the kingdom Dad's fighting!" Maria said. She was so close to pulling Charles out of the ballroom and find a way to ground him herself.