Don't go // Hambury

DAISY HERE IT IS

Samuel hugged Alexander tightly. It had been almost a week since they've seen each other, due to it being very illegal for them to hold the type of relationship they had. Samuel was a priest, making the whole affair more frightening for him. Not only would he lose his job, but he would be excommunicated and possibly killed.

"I need to talk to you," Alexander said, barely hugging back. Was this it? Were they found out? Did Alexander hate him and decide that he wanted to turn Samuel in? Many thoughts ran through his mind, most of which filled Samuel with more fear. He led Alexander to his couch and sat down, folding his hands neatly in his lap. Samuel glanced up, hoping to catch any sense of what was going on.

"Do you remember the last election...? Where I voted for Jefferson over Burr?" Alexander asked quietly. What could've been wrong about the politics? Samuel slowly nodded. His mouth was slightly open and his glasses slipped down his nose.

"It was four years ago, it's almost time for another the next election," Samuel said softly.

"Exactly... Jefferson wasn't the most inviting for me to vote for, but I'd rather know what the president is planning over what Burr had going on," Alexander said. He gently took Samuel's hands and smiled at them. They were a perfect fit for each other. Samuel always kept a light touch in case he needed to let go quickly. Alexander was the opposite, he usually held tightly, never wanting to let go of his lover.

"Well, now that Burr is out of power and isn't running again... He got a hold of some letters I wrote at the beginning of his vice presidency," Alexander explained. His hold got lighter and any happiness left him. Samuel still didn't know what was going on and his expression showed it. Alexander smiled softly and let one hand go to trace Samuel's face.

"What... what did the letter say?" Samuel asked quietly.

"Nothing... truly bad, I guess. It was honest, I had said something like 'he is too dangerous with the reins of government', but he took my words out of context," Alexander admitted.

"Alex... what's going on?" Samuel asked. Again, his tone was soft and quiet, like he was scared to know the answer. But, it was obvious he wanted to know it. Alexander pushed Samuel's glasses up and put their hands back together.

"Burr challenged me to a duel..." Alexander said. Samuel's face changed from confusion to fear.

"W-wait, aren't duels... to the death?" he asked. Alexander nodded, knowing duels all to well. From wanting his best friend to shoot Lee in the jaw to his son being killed in one, he's seen the dangers of duels. But, he knew he had the benefit of Burr hating confrontation. How it wouldn't be a good stamp on his political career if he had shot Alexander Hamilton dead in a duel. Samuel looked slightly pale, however. He didn't know those things.

"Don't do it, please, I need you around," Samuel started to cry. Tears fell down his face, painting it gently. Alexander swept one of the tears away and felt Samuel throw a tight hug around him.

"I need too... I don't want to seem like a coward... Besides, the duel is tomorrow morning, there's no stopping now," Alexander said. He gently rested his hand in Samuel's hair and let it rest there. Samuel sobbed into Alexander's chest.

"Can you promise you won't die...?" Samuel asked softly.

"I...I don't know, this is my first duel where it got this far with me shooting," Alexander muttered softly. Samuel said nothing as he held tighter, not wanting to let go. Alexander just sat there, waiting for some release, and he was slowly running out of breath. Samuel let go, wiping his tears and looking at Alexander. Alexander felt his heart shatter at the sight before him. Samuel looked completely heartbroken, almost like Eliza did when Philip had died.