Smoke and Coffee // Hambury

( oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i really hate the smell of cigarettes cause of my dad , but i saw this hc and decided to write it )

"Stop that," Samuel said, turning the page of his book.

"Stop what?" Alexander asked, taking a long drag. He smirked and exhaled the smoke right into Samuel's face.

"You know what it is," Samuel said, still not looking up.

"Boo," Alexander said. He stamped out the cigarette on the sidewalk.

"Put it in the garbage," Samuel said, "It's rude to litter, even the small things."

"Ok, ok, Mom, I'll throw it away," Alexander complied. Samuel groaned to himself and continued reading. Alexander gained the dumb idea of climbing the tree behind Samuel.

"Soooo, what are you reading?" he asked, half leaning off the branch he was on, so he was hovering over Samuel.

"The Song of Achilles," Samuel said, not noticing the position Alexander was in. A snap could be heard and down went Alexander.

"Oh shit," he said, landing on top of Samuel.

"I'm adding trees to the list of things you're not allowed to climb, after stop signs," Samuel deadpanned.

"Wait, no, I like trees," Alexander complained.

"Yet here you are, fallen out of a tree. Are you okay?" Samuel responded.

"I think so? Nothing hurts," Alexander said, moving his limbs. With that, Samuel shoved him out of his lap.

"Rude. I liked laying there," Alexander said, dusting himself off. Samuel laughed a bit and picked up his book.

This routine followed on for a few weeks, Samuel going under the tree to read and Alexander finding a way to bother him.

"Hey, Seaberry," Alexander said, already in the tree.

"I thought we agreed that you shouldn't be climbing trees," Samuel said, opening his book.

"I said I like trees, so I'm staying up here," Alexander stuck his tongue out.

"If you fall, try not to land on me again," Samuel joked.

"Why not? You don't want to save me? Catch me!" Alexander said, hopping off the branch.

"What-" Samuel started, but he was knocked down. Alexander was on top and Samuel just laid there, wondering what choices led him here.

"Can you get off?" he said, breaking the silence.

"I don't want to," Alexander said, turning his body so they were parallel.

"Please, you are on my arm and my book is under it," Samuel said, trying to squirm free. Alexander just moved the book from under Samuel and stay put.

"What's wrong, Seaberry? Flustered?" Alexander said, with a smirk.

"N-no," Samuel stuttered and blushed.

"You're so adorable, blushing at just this. Oh my goodness, you don't understand how long I've been crushing on y-" Alexander was cut off with a kiss. He froze, not knowing what to do. Samuel pulled away, not feeling the kiss back.

"S-s-sorry, I-I just th-thought-" Samuel was cut off this time with the kiss. Both of the boys smiled and shifted so they weren't laying in the grass.

"You thought right," Alexander said, after pulling away. Samuel blushed and looked at his lap.

"Would you look at the time, I gotta go, bye Seaberry!" Alexander said getting his things. Samuel was left a confused blushing mess in the grass before he decided to just go home.

( shorter than most , but pls drop requests 👉👈 ? )