Anything but Lovers // Leeburr

i just reread history hates lovers and realized i barely touched anything on their domestic life before it went downhill , sooo
also , charles pov cause fuck u

I woke up, tracing my hands along Aaron's sides. He remained asleep, though the loud giggles from outside our room told me someone else was just as awake as I was. I smiled to myself and carefully got up. Aaron stirred a little and rolled over. I stared at him, remembering how much I loved him. I changed into casual clothes before leaving our room. Theodosia ran up to me, looking ready for breakfast and playtime. I picked her up, letting her hang from my arms as we went to the kitchen.

"Alright, so Dad has to work, so what should we make him before he leaves?" I asked her. Theodosia sat herself straight, reaching for bread and eggs.

"Toast n eggs! He said it's his favorite!" she said. I chuckled, putting Theodosia down and grabbed the food. I put some firewood in the stove and lit it. As I waited for everything to properly heat, I turned back to Theodosia.

"And for his lunch, Theo?" I asked. Theodosia thought for a moment before jumping.

"A croissant, then some- no! A lotta brittle, and, uh, some ham! Ham and cheese!" she said, trying to reach everyone. I laughed and swept her off her feet.

"Alright, I'll get everything ready, can you get his bag?" I said as Theodosia kept laughing. She nodded and hopped out of my arms. I checked the fire and put the eggs into a pan to cook with a little butter. They cooked quickly, leaving me with just enough butter to cook the toast. Theodosia was back with Aaron's lunch bag and a huge smile. I took it and began to prepare Aaron's lunch.

"Pops! I wanna see!" Theodosia complained. I laughed and lifted her to my shoulders to let her see what I was doing.

"More brittle! I said we gotta give him a lot!" Theodosia said. I laughed and glanced at her.

"There's only so much brittle Dad can have before he knows you dictated his lunch," I said, closing the bag. I put Theodosia down.

"Alright, everything is ready, we just need to wake Dad up, are you ready?" I asked. Theodosia immediately ran to Aaron's room, standing outside the door. I gave a quick peek, in case Aaron had gotten up on his own. Aaron was still bundled in our blankets, sleeping peacefully. I pushed the door further for Theodosia. She ran in and jumped onto the bed, landing on Aaron.

"Dad! Dad!! Pops made breakfast!! Wake up!" Theodosia said, bouncing a lot. I stifled a laugh as Aaron rolled over. I sat on the end of the bed while Theodosia kept bouncing. Finally, Aaron got up with a groan. I lifted Theodosia to my lap.

"Go make sure everyone has a glass of tea," I told her before letting her leave. Aaron groaned as he rolled back into the blankets. I chuckled and moved to lay next to him.

"Morning," I said, tracing my hand over Aaron's cheek. Aaron mumbled something back, though it was lost within sleep and the blankets. Finally, he pulled himself free from the blankets and started to change.

"How the hell are you so awake? You were so hard to wake up before 10," Aaron said. I laughed, watching him take off his shirt and change into fresher clothing. Sure, I watched him do this daily, but there was always something that made me smile when I saw him.

"Someone has to be up with Theo," I said with a shrug. Theodosia came running back and landed in the pile of blankets. I leaned to look at the clock pole not far from our room, seeing Aaron didn't have much time here. I frowned a little but lightened up for Theodosia.

"Let's hurry, you got up late," I said, pointing at Aaron. Aaron laughed and walked out of our room. I picked Theodosia up, causing her to squeal.

"If you keep carrying her, she'll never walk," Aaron warned, though he leaned up to kiss both our cheeks.