good 4 u // Hamlee

*spongebob pirate voice * ooh who has a fucking ex who used him to get over a crush ? les-bian skit-tles !
who is still upset about it a year later ? les-bian skit-tles !

also , srry , this isnt part of the domestic series , im just ,,,, sad , but whats new ? ( in all seriousness , this came up because i uncovered a huge memory on accident by listening to the album , and i vent by writing )

Charles felt his heart shatter as he read the message on his screen. Each word taunting him, playing with his feelings like a viola.

Charles, I never really liked you... I just wanted someone to know if my crush on John was real. It is... I'm sorry, I thought you were amazing, but not in the romantic kind of way.

He wanted to cry, maybe even punch Alexander for even thinking of this. Perhaps he was overreacting. He just wanted someone to love, especially his last relationship ending so abruptly and the other person finding new love quickly. Charles didn't want anyone around, hell, he didn't want himself around. He just wanted to go back 10 minutes, and just tell Alex that he loves him. He wanted to go back and forget this whole thing, believe he's not being used for affection. But, did he really believe it? He noticed that Alexander had gotten all flustered around John. More flustered than he could get Alexander to be. Maybe he just wanted it to be so wrong that it could never exist.

Not even a week later, John and Alexander announced they were dating. Charles, meanwhile, had barely gotten out of bed. The only time he got up was to use the bathroom or when Samuel forced him to eat and take care of himself. Charles scrolled through Alexander's photos, unliking each one. He wiped off some tears that burned his cheeks as they ran down. Finally, he reached the photo of his first date with Alexander. A year ago to the day. They both seemed so happy, but the memory flooded back like a creek in a rainstorm.

"Char! John's going to take our picture, hurry up!" Alexander had said. Charles quickly stuck another chocolate strawberry in his mouth and quickly ate it as he ran over to Alexander. John smiled at the couple and took their photo. Charles leaned on Alexander, trying to see the photo. The pair ignored him, looking through Alexander's phone.

Charles decided to be petty and opened the comments. He bit his lip out of frustration and sat up.

"Maybe I'm too emotional <3
Or maybe you never cared at all"

Charles then scrolled to the top and opened Alexander's new post.

"Maybe I'm too emotional <3
But your apathy is a wound in salt"

He then blocked Alexander like he had been meaning to and flopped back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His phone rung, he didn't check the caller ID, assuming it was Samuel when he answered.

"Charles, why the hell are you leaving Olivia Rodrigo lyrics on my posts? And for the record, I do care," Alexander's voice said.

"Well, good for you, you look happy and healthy. Not me, if you ever cared to ask," Charles said, half to piss off Alexander, and half because he wasn't sure what else to say.

"Oh, I get it. I do care about you, I didn't think this whole relationship thing would get this far," Alexander said.

"Get this far? Did you really fucking expect me to be someone who didn't care to catch feelings? News fucking flash, I'm human and have feelings too," Charles said into the phone.

"Well, no, I should've thought that through a lot more than I did," Alexander said.

"Yeah, maybe you should've thought of repercussions before telling me the whole 'I love you, OMG, you only see me as a friend, and this is also why I hated when you dated Burr,' thing," Charles said, mimicking a sad tone.

"I... didn't sound like that when I said that," Alexander said softly.

"I hope you know I ruined my life for you and given the chance, I'd do it all over again," Charles said before hanging up the phone. It rang again, and Charles was careful to look at the caller ID before answering.

"Sammy, I fucked up," Charles said, about to cry.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Samuel asked worriedly.

"Why did I ruin everything? Is it bad I would do that for him still?" Charles muttered.

"Darling, you ruined nothing, okay?" Samuel said softly. It was audible he was moving around.

"I'm the reason Aaron hates me..." Charles said, curling into himself.

"Aaron doesn't hate you..." Samuel said.

"How can he not? He wanted to be friends after our break up and I blocked him a week later without thinking it through because damned Alex," Charles said, tugging his hair tightly.

"Hey, calm down, okay? Talk to Aaron and ask if he hates you then go from there. As for the Alex thing, it's alright... I'll be over in a few minutes so we can make sure you're alright," Samuel said. Charles nodded and held back a sob. That night might as well been his death sentence from there forth.

( no hate to the person burr represents , im sure they know who they are ( ily /p ) and absolutely no hate to the person laurens represents

all hate to alexander though )