Doctor's appointment

3rd POV:

It was not a day like every other day in the lives of Izuku Midoriya. Today was his 4th birthday and the family made a doctor's appointment to see what his quirk was. You see his mother loved him dearly and his father never paid him any respect nor did he really bother to look at the young child. He simply hated the look of the boy fully aware that it wasn't his biological son. The only reason Hisashi was tolerating this child was because of Inko. He loved his wife dearly.

Izuku on the other hand didn't know why his father hated him or ignored him. He was happy that his mother loved him and that was all he needed and all he ever asked for. Little did he know that it would be the last time he felt this kind of love for years to come.

Inko's POV:

Today was Izuku's birthday, I prepared his favorite cake and decorated the living room. After the doctor's appointment we would have a little party for him. The Bakugo's are also invited to coming over. My only hope was that he wouldn't have his father's quirk! I couldn't stand the thought of him having such a quirk. It pains me to look at his father's pro-hero figure in his room. The man stole my heart and I was simply never able to get it back fully. I managed to forget him and the pain he brings me.

Izuku didn't look like his father the least. He had my hair and facial features mix with my mothers, his grandmother. Hopefully he would gain a quirk like me or my mother too. I am sure Hisashi would love that too.

It wasn't his fault. My beloved child loved all the pro-heroes out there and although his room was covered in All Might merch, he also had figures of every other hero. It is still surprising to see how good he was at analyzing the heroes or a situation. If I didn't know better, I would assume he had an intelligence quirk or an analyzing quirk. There was a slim chance that he had one but as far as I know none of my family had or the child's father family had such a quirk.

It was still early and it was time to wake the birthday boy up. I went to his room and knocked. After waiting some time without a response, I decided to open the door.

Me: Sweetie are you up?

I could see him still fast asleep so I decided to go to his bedside and sit on one end.

Me: Izuku sweet heart, Happy Birthday to You... Happy Birthday to You...

I simply sang a little happy birthday song to my cute little sleeping green bean. A lot of people told me that I had an amazing voice. It was calming. I tend to sing a lot when I don't know how to deal with my emotions and I made it an habit to wake Izuku up on his birthday with a little song. He loved it, when I was singing a song to him no matter if it was a sad song or one full of happiness. Izuku always understood how to calm me down after a hard day or when I was sad. It was as if he knew the meaning of the song. If he was older than just 4 years I wouldn't be surprised but the boy simply could tell how I felt from the sound of my voice.

After I finished singing a little birthday song, a pair of shining bright emerald eyes were locking at me.

Izuku: Morning Mommy!

Me: A good morning to you to sweet heart. Now come on, let's get ready for our appointment. We wouldn't want to be late, now would we?

Izuku: Nuh-uh! A hero is never late!

Me: You are right my little hero!

After I helped him change and we sat together at the dining table as a family and ate breakfast.

Hisashi: Good morning my love! Mhmm~ your food is simply the best as always.

My husband always compliments me this way and I always respond with a sweet kiss. He helped me get over Izuku's father. I know that deep down I love that man but right now, I had a family of my own, a husband that loves me and a child that comes after me. What can I ask for more?