• my savior •

part 3

There was an unspoken rule among the troopers and other workers of the Order that you were not to be messed around with. Soon after you joined as a mechanic, Anakin unofficially labeled you as his best friend and right-hand woman, and that was understood and respected by everyone.

Though they didn't know about the new romantic element of your relationship, the rule still stood. Anyone who pulled a move on you immediately found themselves on Anakin's bad side, and seeing as that was the worst place anyone could be put, they kept their distance and maintained completely professional, platonic acquaintanceships with you.

All except for Fives.

He had courage, you'd give him that. Sometimes, you even thought he flirted with you just to piss Anakin off. Maybe it was because Anakin secretly had a soft spot for him, so he knew he'd never do anything beyond glare at and lightly insult the trooper.

"I'm telling you; I've improved vastly since we last trained together," You told Fives with a warning tone, getting into your fighting stance. "Are you sure you don't want to wear your armor?"

He snorted, "Come on, now, I don't want to make it impossible for you. Show me what you got, Legs."

"Don't call me that," You grumbled before engaging him in battle, punching him in the shoulder.

He stumbled back, his eyebrows raised. "Okay. I see how this is."

With that, he punched back, aiming for your stomach. You stepped back just in time and grabbed his fist, twisting his arm back. He let out a loud yelp before you kicked him to the ground.

Fives was quickly on his feet again, grabbing your arms in one of his before wrapping his free arm around your neck in a headlock. You thrashed against him, trying to hit your head into his chin but failing. When your vision began blurring and you felt lightheaded with the lack of oxygen, you were about to tap out before the door to the training room opened.

Anakin did not look happy.

Immediately letting you go, Fives took five steps away from you while both of you breathed heavily.

"Hey, Skywalker," You greeted him lightly, offering him a small wave. "How'd the mission go?"

"General," Fives said, quickly standing straight and saluting him. "I trust everything went well on Hoth?"

Staying in the doorway, Anakin had his arms folded across his chest, an unreadable look on his face. "Could've been better."

"Well, I'd best leave you two to train," Fives said after an awkwardly silent pause, gathering up his things. Just as he reached Anakin, he patted his shoulder and gave him a sly grin. "I warmed her up for you, General."

You groaned with disdain as Anakin pushed Fives up against the doorframe, his eyes filled with rage. "Fives, seriously?" You complained, resting your hands on your hips.

"It- it was just a joke," Fives said between breathy laughs, the fact that he was finding humor in the situation only angering Anakin further.

"Come on, Anakin," You called out, knowing you'd probably be scolded by him for training with a trooper once you were alone. "Let the poor guy go."

Anakin leaned closer to Fives before whispering something to him, his jaw clenching once he was done. Fives said nothing, his eyes widening while he rushed to leave the room. Closing the door, Anakin walked further into the training room, his enraged eyes now focused on you.