• our empire is here •

You are a Sith Lord working with Palpatine to lure Anakin to the Dark Side

part two

• • •

Over those next few weeks, you continued to inform Anakin on the pleasures of the Dark Side, but he was more perceptive than you planned for. He knew that there was more to you than being simply a Jedi, but he never confronted you for the truth. You had also become a lot closer, but you tried your best to hide the soft spot you held for him. Mostly because there was no way anything could happen between you seeing as you were a Sith Lord, but also because you knew he was loyal to Padme. 

One evening, there was a knock at your door. Palpatine informed you that the plan would be put into motion today, so you were surprised to see Anakin when you opened it, but let him in nonetheless.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Anakin?" You asked with a smile as he walked into the main living area of your apartment, making himself comfortable on the sofa. You were glad he wasn't still acting timid around you and was open to being his relaxed self.

"I need to talk to you about something," He said, piquing your interest. "Come, sit."

You did as he said, taking a seat next to him. You didn't sit too close so that he'd hear your heartbeat, but close enough that if his wife were to see, she wouldn't be happy.

He turned to face you, leaning his arm on the back of the sofa. "I spoke to Palpatine earlier on. I know who he is. And I know who you are."

You were slightly shocked at his revelation, but also relieved that you wouldn't have to put up a front anymore. "And where do you stand, Anakin?"

He thought before speaking. "We should get to the Chancellor's office. The Jedi are planning to arrest Palpatine."

He stood up and you followed him through to the office, where you saw Mace Windu fighting Palpatine. It didn't shock you, but Anakin ran forwards. After some arguing, Windu was pushed out onto the ledge, while Palpatine began to cry about being weak. You held back an eye roll at his dramatics, but stepped forward. 

"He must stand trial, Windu," You said as you appeared beside Anakin. 

Windu looked at you with a frown, shocked that you weren't taking his side which you usually did - or made him think you did. Just as he was about to slay Palpatine, Anakin cut Windu's hand off, taking you aback slightly.

Anakin was horrified at his actions, and Palpatine shot you a look. You rushed over and sat beside him, taking his hand in yours. "This was your destiny, Anakin. You can learn the Dark Side of the Force, become Palpatine's apprentice."

"I want the power to stop death," He said, and you assumed he still wanted to save Padme. 

"We can discover the secret together, Anakin," Palpatine said, standing up. "We can achieve it together."

Anakin looked up to him before slowly sinking to his knees. I stood behind him as he spoke. "I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith."

"The Force is strong with you," Palpatine said with a slight smirk. "You will become a powerful Sith. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Vader."

A shiver ran down your spine at his words, and you felt as though everything had finally fallen into place.

• • •