• protective •

this was requested by Truetalent06 around a millennia ago and i'm so sorry for the extra long wait but i hope u enjoy ! x x x 

"And then, once they are all down, we meet back here. Got it?" 

You nodded at Obi-Wan's orders, determined to destroy the battle droids that were currently attacking the Jedi Temple. 

"Anakin, did you hear me?" Obi-Wan asked sternly, his arms folded across his chest.

Anakin nodded, "Of course, Master. We kill the droids."

"For the sake of the stars, boy," Obi-Wan interrupted him with a glare. "Do you ever listen to a word I say?"

You turned to Anakin and sighed, "We're splitting up."

"What?" He asked with a panicked look. "But why? Did I do something- say something?"

"I mean that the three of us will physically split up, Anakin, to cover more ground," You explained with wide eyes while Obi-Wan looked confused. "What else could I have possibly meant, Anakin?"

"Oh," He replied, his face dropping as he glanced to Obi-Wan. "Uh, so what's the plan?"

"Master Kenobi will get rid of any droids outside while you go alert the rest of the council and protect the younglings. I'll go to the ship, where I can find out who sent the droids and why. Then, once it's over, we meet back here," You explained, ready to go.

Anakin nodded, "Protect the younglings. Got it."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, "I should just get Y/N to tell you everything important; you seem to value her words a hell of a lot more than mine!" 

"You said it, Obi-Wan," Anakin replied with a grin. 

"Let's go," You pushed, leading them out of the gardens where the droids were.

Obi-Wan began to approach them with his lightsaber drawn cautiously, while Anakin grabbed your hand and pulled you back. "Be careful," He warned, looking down at you with a frown. "If  this is General Qioni's doing, there will be some sort of trap. Don't do anything I would do."

"I know, Anakin, don't worry," You assured, sneaking a glance at Obi-Wan's back before quickly placing a short kiss on Anakin's lips. "See you soon." 

He smiled while you scampered away towards the droids' ship, a slight tugging at his heart as he watched you go. Ignoring the concern he was feeling, he got on with his job and made his way to the Jedi Temple.

Meanwhile, you had found the ship in the hangar, where it was being guarded by a couple of droids. You ran towards them and used the Force to behead one while using your lightsaber to slice the other one in half. A slight apprehension overcame you as you slowly made your way to the entry of the ship; had it been too easy? Was Anakin right? Was this the doing of General Qioni, who was known for his clever schemes?

Keeping your lightsaber in front of you, you cautiously walked onto the ship, your senses heightened to ensure even a pin dropping would alert you. Just as you entered the empty cockpit, the door closed behind you and you sensed a malevolent presence nearby.

"Qioni," You muttered, knowing you had walked right into his trap. "Show yourself!"

A few seconds later, he appeared in front of the doors. A smug smile rested on his lips; he had gotten exactly what he came for. "I have waited a long time for the moment you step onto my ship, Lkarius."