• my girl •

we broke 100,000 reads WTF!!!

i love you guys so hard, 12 year old me is screaming rn

"Your wedding was wonderful, Jan," You said with a happy sigh, smiling up at her from your seat. "The ceremony was gorgeous."

"Wasn't it?" Roni asked, grinning. "It was so good that it even Viz and I spoke about getting engaged... We've never spoken about marriage before, and I was beginning to think he didn't even want it."

"Oh, that's amazing," Jan said, giving Roni a side hug before the both of them looked down at you expectantly.

"Uh..." You began, feeling awkward under their stares.

"Did you maybe... meet someone at the wedding?" Jan asked, her eyes filled with hope. "Nola has a lot of eligible bachelors in her family, so I made sure to seat them near your table."

"And didn't Thayn and you talk?" Roni asked. "I could've sworn I saw the two of you hitting it off."

You held back an eye roll; Thayn was the waste of space you had slept with a few times, hoping that one day he'd want a proper relationship but being disappointed every time he left before you had woken up the next day. "Not really."

"Oh, you poor thing," Roni said with a pout. "But, it's okay. You don't need to be in a relationship; you're still so young!"

"Ro's right; there's no rush!" Jan said reassuringly.

"No, I didn't meet anyone at the wedding because..." You trailed off before giving them a coy smile. "Because I'm already seeing someone."

They both gasped, their jaws dropping as wide grins replaced their sympathetic frowns.

"Who are they?" Roni asked excitedly, tapping the counter.

"I shouldn't say..." You said quietly, looking down at your hands.

"Oh, come on, don't be shy," Jan pressed, before grinning. "Who's the lucky person?" 

You took in a deep breath before revealing, "It's... Anakin Skywalker."

A silence grew between the three of you, their faces dropping.

"Are you kidding?" Jan asked with narrowed eyes.

"I am not kidding," You insisted, making them smile again.

"That's amazing!" Roni said with wide eyes. "Anakin Skywalker is your boyfriend?"

"What's it like?" Jan asked, leaning over the counter. "Dating someone so high profile? I mean, keeping it a secret must be hard, no?"

You sighed, nodding. "It's pretty hard. But it's worth it."

The girls swooned, pouting at you. "That's so cute!" Roni exclaimed, before her smile dropped as she glanced behind you. "Uh oh. Code Prick."

Roni and Jan immediately left you alone at your counter, seeing as your boss had just arrived. You held back a wince as he stood before you, raising an eyebrow at you. "Working hard, or hardly working, Miss Y/N?"

You gave him a sheepish smile. "Working hard, Dr. Pandioni."

"That's what I like to hear," He said with a smile, before it dropped as he leaned in. "If I catch you distracting my nurses again, I will have to issue you your third warning and thus fire you."

"Got it," You replied, knowing he was all bark and no bite. When he walked away, you sighed in relief before continuing on with your receptionist duties.