• i need to see her •

•••

You and Anakin worked closely on most of your missions together, and you were practically inseparable. While it was true that you harboured feelings for him, you could never tell him about them, let alone act on them. Not only would it be embarrassing when he shut you down, it could have jeapordised your job.

So you kept it to yourself, as that was what good Jedi masters did. Besides, it was doubtful that he felt the same.

For the first time in a while, Yoda sent you on a mission alone. You were to rescue some ewoks who had been kidnapped and tortured for their knowledge on the Jedi order, by some low-life Sith lord wannabe.

It was an easy enough mission, but the wannabe Sith seemed to have a good aim- he blasted you in your torso, leaving you with a bloody open wound as you attempted to fly back to Coruscant after a feeble attempt at patching yourself up. When you got back, Obi-Wan was there to welcome you- but as the door to your ship opened, you stumbled out and collapsed onto the floor, your wound having reopened.

"Oh my, are you alright Y/N?" Obi-Wan asked as he picked you up, his eyes widening when they saw your blood-covered clothes. "Good heavens- you need a medic!"

He carried you to to the medical wing where he shouted out to the nurses to tend to you immediately. "Y/N has been badly injured; she needs urgent care."

You slipped in and out of consciousness,  bright lights and images of people in white uniforms swimming in your mind. They must have put you on some strong pain-killing medication as the next couple of days felt like only minutes had passed.

Meanwhile, Anakin was on his own mission. He was sent to do some research on Planet Ghur, which had no political alliance yet. The council had sent him to introduce the people of Coruscant and hold out an olive branch. When he returned, he was confused to not be faced by you in the landing dock. Usually, when either of you had been on a mission without each other, you'd welcome each other home. But this time was different. He knew your mission would have been over now, so he rushed to find Obi-Wan.

"Ah, Anakin. How was Ghur?" Obi-Wan asked as the frowning boy approached him. "Nice people?"

"Uh, yeah," Anakin replied, before asking what he really wanted to know. "Do you know where Y/N is? I haven't seen her since I got back, surely she's home by now?'

Obi-Wan's eyebrow raised, "Has nobody told you? She's been in the medical ward for the past two days; she got blasted in the chest."

Anakin's heart skipped a beat at his master's words. "What?"

"She's doing alright, but she was in critical condition when she got home." Obi-Wan explained as he followed Anakin to the medical ward. "It will be some time before she fully heals."

Millions of thoughts were flying through Anakin's head, but the overriding message was the fact that your life was in danger. He rushed to the medical ward, Obi-Wan hot on his heels, not confused at the boy's concern. While he knew the two of you couldn't be together, he was an extremely perceptive man: he knew exactly how you felt about each other, even before you did.

"Where is she?" Anakin asked as he burst into the ward, zeroing in on the first nurse he saw. "Where's Y/N?"

The nurse held up her hands at his gruff tone, scared for her life. "Um, Miss Y/L/N is in Room 27, Master Skywalker. But she-"

As soon as the number left her lips, Anakin blocked out the rest of her speech and all but ran through the corridors.

"Anakin, listen to me-"

Anakin ignored Obi-Wans words and rushed to your room, and was about to open the door when a doctor stood in his way. "I'm sorry, Master Skywalker, but Miss Y/L/N has only just woken up from her surgery. She needs time before she sees any guests."

"I'm not a guest," Anakin seethed, his eyes narrow. "Move out of my way."

"Listen to him, Anakin," Obi-Wan said calmly, before turning to the doctor. "Is she alright?"

"The operation went well, but she hasn't fully healed yet," The doctor explained, each word burning Anakin alive as he ached to see you. "Once she's rested, you may see her."

"Move out of my way," Anakin said slowly, his tone grave as his hands balled into fists. The doctor was taken aback, but stood his ground.

"Master Skywalker, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave-"

"I need to see her," Anakin said lowly, clenching his jaw.

The doctor and Obi-Wan shared a look before the doctor gave up and walked away, knowing he had no power over the Jedi.

"You're spoilt, Anakin," Obi-Wan said with a smile and an eye roll before turning to leave. "Let me know how she is."

Anakin opened the door, his chest aching when he saw you lying there, looking weak. Your eyes fluttered open when you heard the door close, and you slightly moved your head to see him standing next to you.

"Anakin?" You whispered before clearing your throat, having not spoken in days. "How long have I been here?"

"Two days," He replied, his voice soft. "I'm so relieved that you're alive."

You let out a weak laugh, before shooting him a smirk. "You think I'd die without taking you with me?"

Anakin sat on the chair next to the bed and tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear so he could see your beautiful face properly. He shrugged, a pretty smile playing on his lips. "I wouldn't survive much longer without you, anyway."

You were slightly shocked at his words, but figured he didn't mean them in the way you desired for him to. "Yeah?"

"I love you too much," He said, his bright eyes never leaving yours.

The conviction with which he spoke let you know that his words were true, but you both also knew that nothing could come of them. So you just smiled sadly, as he smiled back and took your hand in his, your love confined to Room 27.

•••