• hello there •

double update bc christmas + u deserve it for withstanding 2020 x

"I just can't believe how much of a rat he turned out to be."

"He was not worth your time."

"You are so much better off without him!"

The girls looked over to you expectantly, waiting for your contribution to the train of hatred. You put down the half-eaten nerf nugget in your hand and nodded with wide eyes, "Uh, yeah. I agree. He's disgusting."

"I didn't think he'd do that to me," Krina said with a frown, resting her hands on the table. "I really thought he was different."

Your friends all burst into another round of peer abuse as they each listed off the reasons why the guy Krina was seeing was an idiot and how she deserved better.

But you couldn't have agreed less.

Anakin Skywalker was a diamond among the rubble that was the usual cohort of men you found yourself surrounded by. Krina was lucky to have ever been given a chance at all, let alone gotten far enough for him to tell her he liked her. She should have been glad he even noticed her, but here she was expecting the world from a man whose mere glance was enough to satiate you for a week.

You couldn't ever admit that to your friends, though. They'd probably kill you on grounds of treason.

"I think I just really need a girls' night in tonight," Krina mumbled, her attitude drenched with self-pity as the girls all cooed at her as though they were mothers tending to their wounded child.

"Of course," Meera said while tightly holding Krina's hands. "We'll listen to music, maybe bake, and have a lovely little gathering."

You inwardly groaned at how boring the night that lay ahead of you sounded, and instead let your mind take to you a daydream where you were being taught how to ride a speeder bike by a hot blonde man, who also happened to be shirtless-

And then you were pulled from your daydream, harshly so, but this time the drag back to reality wasn't disappointing. This time, it was better than anything your mind could've conjured up.

Because this time, instead of relying on your memory and imagination to come up with an attractive looking man, you were making eye contact with the very epitome of attraction.

From across the cafeteria, Anakin Skywalker was staring at you, with an expression on your face that wasn't obvious as to what he was thinking, but you had an odd understanding of the motive behind his gaze. His eyes were unmoving, his nose sitting cute while his lips were ever so slightly pulled upwards at one end.

'Hello there.'

You almost gasped at the sound of his voice in your head, your heart skipping a beat. Once you remembered exactly who he was and what he could do, your shock subsided. Although you had worked for the Jedi Order for many years, their unimaginable powers still left you bewildered.

"Y/N, did you hear me?" Gilli asked you, pulling your attention away from the immaculate beauty and instead onto your annoying acquaintance.

"Uh, sorry," You apologised quietly, before sitting up. "What's up?"

"You good to be on drinks duty tonight?" She questioned, though you knew she had already taken your acceptance of the responsibility for granted.

They always dumped drink duty on you, as it was the most expensive of duties and if you refused, you'd be putting a damper on the whole night. The three of them would quickly clutch onto the other tasks such as 'host' which was a total cop-out, 'snack queen' which was just the designated 'queen' bringing whatever she had in her kitchen, and 'activity planner' which annoyed you the most as these nights always, without any exceptions, consisted of baking cookies and talking about feelings.