• jealous •

•••

You and Anakin had met as young padawans, and spent your teenage years growing and learning alongside each other. How could you not fall for him? And he had fallen for you too, during all the late nights you stayed up watching the stars together, and the early mornings when Obi-Wan would scold you for falling asleep and Anakin for not paying attention.

While your feelings were mutual, you also had a mutual understanding with Anakin that you had to keep your relationship a secret. This had its benefits, as the sneaking around and keeping secrets from everyone was exhilarating, but it also meant you couldn't claim each other in public which frustrated Anakin to no end.

Obi-Wan had sent you and Anakin to D'Qar where the Jedi had just saved a small community from natural disaster. The residents of D'Qar invited the Jedi to a party held in their honour, but seeing as they had other matters to tend to, Yoda and Obi-Wan thought it best for just the two of you to attend, so as not to offend the D'Qarians. 

The party was in full swing and while Anakin spoke to some important people, you sat at the bar and got a few drinks. It wasn't long before a man approached you, a sly smile on his face.

"Hello, there. You're from Coruscant, aren't you?" He asked, sitting on the stool next to you.

You nodded before finishing your drink.

"I'm Lenn," He introduced himself, giving you a wink. "What's your name?"

"Y/N," You replied, putting down the empty glass. "It's a fun party."

"Not as fun as it could be," Lenn said quietly, placing his hand on your leg. "I don't live far from here, and I'd love to show my personal gratitude for all you did for our home."

You raised an eyebrow, glancing down at his hand. "That's alright, Lenn. This party is enough."

From across the room, Anakin was glaring in your direction. He had his eye on Lenn as soon as he approached you, as Anakin knew how your beauty would attract men and women all over the galaxy. Harmless flirting that you'd shut down was fine - but when Lenn dared to touch you, Anakin had had enough. He bound over to you, unable to see anything or anyone but you.

Lenn noticed him coming and picked up his hand, smiling brightly. "Ah, Skywalker! What an honour to meet you. I was just telling Y/N here how thankful I am for your help."

"Of course," Anakin said, unable to act pleasant around someone who had placed his hands on you. "Y/N, we should leave. It's getting late."

"Nonsense, the night has only just begun!" Lenn said with a laugh. He looked at you with a smirk before pulling Anakin to the side and whispering, "I'm gonna try my luck with her. She seems up for it, so how about you leave her here tonight and I'll drop her back at Coruscant tomorrow?"

Anakin was seething as Lenn turned back to you and put his hand on your bare arm. "Come, Y/N, let me show you our beautiful planet."

"Get your hand off her," Anakin uttered gravely, his eyes narrow.

Lenn scoffed, "Excuse me?"

Anakin moved his jacket back to reveal the handle of his lightsaber. "Don't make me cut it off, Lenn. Because I will."

You had to hold back the smirk at how protective he was being, his intensity reminding you of why it was so easy for you to fall for him all those years ago.

"I-I'm sorry, Skywalker," Lenn said, backing away. He turned and rushed off, leaving the two of you alone.

"You get so jealous, Ani," You teased as he stood in front of you. He wanted to take your hand, but he couldn't in front of the D'Qarians.

"Shut up, Y/N," He grumbled, making you laugh.

"What are you gonna do?" You asked, tilting your head. "Force-choke me?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Maybe I will."

You lowered your voice to a whisper before replying, "Don't you threaten me with a good time, Skywalker."

•••