• stay with me •

You waltzed around the kitchen, excited for Anakin to come home. It had been his birthday on the weekend, but as he was out on a mission, you didn't get to properly celebrate with him. So you were making him his favourite meal, and had bought a new lingerie set which you were wearing under your dress, awaiting his arrival.

Just as you turned off the oven, you heard the door unlock, filling you with nerves. You felt like it was your first date again, all those years ago, terrified as to whether or not the big scary Jedi man would like you enough to ask for a second date.

He did. And two years later, he even asked you to marry him.

"Ani, is that you?" You called out, wiping down the counter. "I'm in the kitchen!"

You unfortunately didn't have enough time to set the food on the table, but you knew he'd appreciate the effort you went to anyway.

He entered the kitchen, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hi, baby," You greeted with a grin, rubbing at a particularly difficult stain. "How was your day?"

"Uh, yeah," Anakin replied before walking further in and leaning against the counter. "It was fine."

You pouted, "That doesn't sound good. Are you hungry? I made your favourite."

"Y/N, can we talk?" He suddenly asked, filling you with dread.

Letting out a nervous laugh, you stopped wiping and turned to face him. "Of course we can. What's up?"

"I want a divorce."

It didn't really hit you at first. It was as though the words didn't register in your brain, like he was speaking a different language. You took a few seconds to process what he said, but it still felt surreal.

"Um... what?" Your voice was slightly shaky as you spoke.

A pained look grew on his face as he looked to the ground. "I want a divorce."

You began to laugh, shaking your head. "You're joking, and it's a cruel joke. You're being cruel, Ani."

"It's not a joke, ba- Y/N," He insisted, no hint of the lightheartedness in his voice.

Your heart plummeted. "It's not?"

Anakin shook his head, frowning. "It's not."

"But why?" You whispered, an unbelievable amount of fear filling you.

There were a few moments of silence while he took a deep breath, before quietly admitting, "There's someone else." His words tore your soul apart.

Your eyes narrowed, "Someone else? You were telling me how much you loved me not two days ago, and now there's someone fucking else?"

"I'm sorry."

"How long?" You asked, your hand pressed to your chest. "How long has there been someone else?"

Anakin bit his lip, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked down. "A few months."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. The man you had dedicated your life to, the man you trusted your heart with, the man who had sold you pipe dreams about one day having his children. He had found someone new to love. Where a small glimmer of anger was growing, sudden floodgates of fear burst through.

You couldn't live without him.

"Anakin, no," You pleaded, grabbing his hand between yours. "Please, don't leave me."

"Y/N-"

"No, I don't care," You cried, your heart beating a hundred times a second. "I love you. You are my life, you are my soul; don't leave me."

"Y/N, please," Anakin sighed, tears building up in his eyes. "I've made my decision."

"Please, no," Your eyes were wide and wild as you were overcome with desperation. "You can do whatever you want, Anakin. You can sleep with her, whoever she is, just stay with me."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can," You sobbed, drowning in self-pity. "You can sleep with whoever you want. You can do whatever you want- just please stay with me. I don't care who you give yourself to, as long as you come back home to me. I can't be without you."

"I can't do that, Y/N," Anakin murmed, a pained look in his eyes as he blinked away the tears.

"Why not?" You asked with a whisper, hoping with everything you had that this was just a bad dream.

"Because I love her," He revealed, his words completely destroying you.

You dropped his hand and took a step back, utterly drained of any emotion. He had taken everything from you and you willingly gave it away, and in that one moment he had set it on fire, not caring that you would burn with it.

Without saying another word, you rushed out of the kitchen and left your home, not sure where you were going, as long as it was away from him.

Anakin was crushed. He made his way to the bedroom, where he was shocked to see Akilia sitting on his bed. The very woman who was tearing him from the love of his life.

"Is it done?" She asked, a smug smirk on her lips.

Anakin slowly nodded, unable to speak after watching your heart break before his eyes.

Akilia stood up and sauntered over to him, smoothing down his collars and sighing. "She's safer, now. This way, I don't have to kill her."

Anakin didn't reply, because all he wanted to do was rip her heart out like he had done to you. But he had to be patient if he wanted to take the Sith Lord down, and put both himself and you through temporary pain until he could be with you again.