• across the galaxy •

we are using our imaginations for this one and pretending that the modern phone exists in star wars :] x

this one is kinda different let me know if u like/hate it

smut, daddy!anakin, dirty talk you know how we roll

It would have been insane for you to go.

Sure, a part of you wanted to, but it would have been insane for you to go.

Yes, Obi-Wan was taking his partner, and a few of the others were taking theirs, but it would have been insane for you to go.

You and Anakin were not partners. Your relationship was not romantic at all. It was mostly platonic, with the odd bit of sex now and then. If 'now and then' meant at least every other night.

His mission to the Outer Rim was going to take months. Four, to be exact. That was why almost everyone else assigned to it was taking their significant other. You didn't exactly fall into that category.

You were good friends, and it had been that way for a long time. Then, six months ago, one of you (you still have regular debates on who) had the bright idea to have sex. You did, and then you both realized it was too good to be a one-time thing, but you wanted to keep your friendship.

And now you're here.

Floating in some weird, more-than-friends-but-not-really space, and neither of you have any idea what to label it.

You don't blame him for not inviting you on the mission. A few times, you each had joked that you'd miss the sex too much and that maybe you should have gone with him, but that's all it ever was: a joke.

Fuck, do you miss him.

You weren't expecting to feel this way at all. Of course you'd miss him; he was your best friend and you usually saw each other at least every other day, but you miss him. In a way that almost makes your chest ache. It almost makes you glad that you didn't go, because your pining and longing for him is slipping into dangerous territory.

He texts you on the fourth day.

bananakin
Hey, just saw a lothcat that looked EXACTLY like you.

It makes you smile. You feel like an idiot, but you don't care. He's thinking of you.

Meanwhile, Anakin is going insane. He didn't think he could have felt this much separation anxiety, but he's pacing around his room like a lost puppy. Wishing that he had brought you onto the mission, he's inwardly cursing himself. Yes, it may have prompted the awkward conversation about what exactly going away together for four months meant for your relationship, but it was worth it if he could have you there with him right now.

Mid-pace, his phone buzzes with a reply from you.

starlight
did you at least take a pic

He chuckles, all his worry dissipating as he lays on his bed and falls into the thought of you. Sure, you aren't here in person, but this is the best he can get. And it still feels incredible to be finally talking to you.

bananakin
Unfortunately not. It's kinda like you, running away from me whenever I wanna take a pic :(

starlight
because you only ever want to take a picture of me after sex when i'm sweaty and covered in your cum