• more than friends •

"You do realise he's like, the hottest guy ever, right?"

You shrugged at Siya's words, absentmindedly mixing your tea. "He's handsome, I guess."

"You guess?" Siya scoffed, her eyes wide. "Are you blind?"

"Okay, Anakin's hot," You gave in with a sigh. "And what about it?"

"You've never been tempted to go any further than just friends?" She asked as she sat opposite you in the quaint cafe. "I know I would be."

"Never," You said, looking up at her. "I mean, we've been best friends for almost a decade; I'm not about to jeopardise that just because he's good looking."

"I bet he's a really good kisser," Siya smirked.

"Uh, I bet he's not," You countered, trying not to think about it.

"In that case, since you don't want him, why don't you hook me up with him?"

Something about her words didn't sit right with you, but you ignored that feeling. "What do you mean?"

"You know, put in a good word," She elaborated, leaning her elbows on the table. "Talk me up. Be my wing-woman."

"Your what?"

She rolled her eyes and laughed, "Tell him how funny and kind and generous I am, and how you think I'd make the perfect girlfriend."

You tilted your head and frowned, "I can't lie to my best friend like that."

"Y/N!"

"I'm kidding," You promised with a laugh, before sighing. "Okay, fine, I'll be your wing-woman."

A few days later, you were out at a bar with your friends, including Anakin and Siya. She kept giving you pointed looks and nudging you whenever Anakin came around, but you were starting to have second thoughts about going through with it. 

The others went up to buy another round, leaving you and Anakin alone in the booth. "Hey, Skywalker, how's it going?" You yelled over the music.

"What?" He yelled back, frowning.

"I said, how's it going?" You repeated a little louder.

He budged closer to you and lowered his lips to your ear. "What did you say?

A shiver ran down your spine as his buttery voice flowed like music from his lips, the close proximity between you filling you with nerves. "Uh... how's your night going?"

He nodded, a little tipsy from the drinks as a lazy smile grew on his lips. "It's going good, cutie."

Glancing over at the bar, you rested your hand on his shoulder and leaned in. "Hey, remember when you complained that Obi-Wan got a girlfriend before you?"

He scoffed, "It's unfathomable! I mean, look at me!" He gave you a pout, "Am I ugly?"

"I think we both know the answer to that," You said with an eye-roll, knowing how conceited he was. "But, what if you had a chance to catch up to him?"

Anakin raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing," You replied nonchalantly, fiddling with the straw in your half-empty cup. You bit your lip before saying, "Kinny... I think I know someone who likes you."

His eyes widened as he looked at you with surprise. "Really?"

You nodded, "Mhm. And... she's gorgeous. Really nice. Funny. You'd get along well."