Chapter 7

South had barely made it to class and when he did almost everyone was staring at him.
       He ducked his head and hurried past with Japan casting him sympathetic looks when he sat down.
      NATO tapped his pencil on the desk to get everyone's attention.
      "Alright everyone, today you were suppose to have P.E but since the idiot UN "forgot" to set the safety rules, I'll be having to teach you about warfare."
       "I thought UN was about peace,"America spoke up.
      "Well, rumors go and go, there is apparently something running around in the area, attacking some countries in the premises of the school grounds. UN wants us prepared in case any of us individuals meet it." At this everyone stared.
     "I bet it's the Black Eyes,"Philippines said, sounding thoughtful.

"No way! Just because we're Black Eyes doesn't mean it's us!"Romania stood up, glaring.
      "How would you know? Us, White Eyes are pure, you Black Eyes are unpredictable and evil." Philippines shot him a look.
        "That's enough,"NATO said.
"I think she's right," another country spoke up. "We don't know anything about the Black Eyes."
       "Well, you'll know that this 'Black Eye' will snap your pathetic neck if you don't shut up,"Romania bared his fangs. The country shut up immediately.
       "Don't need to go feral,"Philippines rolled her eyes.
       "Bro, calm down," Moldova tugged at her older brother's sleeve. He huffed and stuck the middle finger at Philippines before sitting down.
        "Settle down everyone,"NATO rapped his pencil again when the class started talking.
         "Just take precautions and don't go alone. Lets get this class started."
       South contemplated all of this. Something was out there, attacking countries? And Philippines said it was the Black Eyes.
      "Hey, South,"Japan was talking to him. "NATO said to choose partners. Wanna be mine?"
      South lightly grinned, happy to forget about the problem. "Sure."
        He cast a glance at North who was avoided by the other countries. He was sitting down scribbling away at his notebook.
       "What's the partner limit?"South asked, still staring. Japan must have caught him looking at North because she said, "Two," grabbed his hand and led him to the back of the classroom. South didn't ask about Japan's sudden coldness to North and shrugged it off.
      "What are we doing again?"South asked.
"Oh, testing this small miniature nuke,"Japan said."We will have to build something that can withstand it."
     "Oh, ok,"South responded. "What materials do we have?"
      "Hold up,"Japan said. She flourished some Shurikens she had summoned. "Mind using your flames to melt them?"
      South was eager to start. He blasted green flames at the Shurikens and they melted into a metal pot.
        "Alright, let's hurry up and mold this into metallic plates,"Japan instructed and began using a simple molding spell with her country powers.
        South did as well and was pleased at how smooth it was and not bent like he thought it would be.
        "Now, let's place these two over here..."Japan lifted two unto a bigger metal plate and began adding some molten metal to 'glue' them together.
       When they were done it was an exact replica of the miniature nuke because Japan said it, "would be funny to see how ironic it was."
        South lifted it to her desk and they left the class since NATO said they would test the small nuke tomorrow.
"That was fun,"South grinned. Japan smiled. "Glad you liked it."
       "I wonder who North partnered up with,"South wondered out loud. Japan bristled.
       "Me too,"she said, though it seemed like she forced the words out.
       South looked at her concerned as they opened their lockers.
      "Are you ok? You seem upset with North. Did you guys fight?"
      "Er, no,"Japan said awkwardly, stuffing some books inside. "Its just that, I wished he could treat you nicer you know. Like, he seems distant." She glanced at him.
      "Oh,"was all he said. He wished the same too, but after the Split of Korea things were never the same.
      "Maybe things will get better,"he said, grabbing his backpack and hoisting it on his shoulder.
    "Its been years,"Japan sighed, grabbing her schoolbag. "He needs to lighten up."
       "Yeah..."South trailed off when he saw North pass by, not even giving them a glance. Wait, how would Japan know it'd been years...?
       "Rude, not even a hi,"Japan huffed, shortening her straps. South didn't respond, he just looked at his brother's back with sadness in his eyes. Does North even care about him anymore?