Chapter 61

Hearing SA whimper slightly boosted his speed. The snarling of the Skryna were even closer than before. He had put his bow away but that didn't make him any more vulnerable.
     The stone on the floor seemed hollow as his running steps sounded evenly across and the floor echoed with small soft echoes. He couldn't stop less the Skryna catch them and decide to do whatever they could imaginable. He couldn't help but imagine how furious the Queen would be and smiled.
     The one in front of him felt excited and quickly led the stone hallway up.
     He heard the Queen screaming from far behind.
"Usssse your flamesss!! Usssse it!!"
      With the speed he was using he would probably be able to open the trapdoor before they came upon him but he wasn't about to take any chances. He darted ahead.
     The Skryna had stopped below the trapdoor and was attempting to get it open, slowly though. He then knew that it was trying to remain quiet.
    There must be some Skryna outside.
Quickly but carefully he put SA down and jumped up, reaching the handles and swung it down, stopping it just in time before it hit the stone wall and producing a large clanging sound. The Skryna were so close their footsteps sounded thunderous now. The Skryna slipped outside. As fast as possible he put SA on his back, used one hand to secure him and jumped up, and found his grip on soft grass. He pulled himself up with minimal effort and swung himself up. Then shut the door close. Luckily the door closed noiselessly though he and the Skryna ran to the forest.
    When they reach it the terrible ferocious cries if multiple Skryna were heard. They must have alerted the others, he thought. He set SA down.
    "Ow..."SA rubbed the back of his head. "W-where are we?"
    "Forest. The Skryna will be after us soon. We have to get back as soon as possible,"China informed him.  "Meanwhile, we have to staunch the flow,"he looked around as did the cyan eyed, whom he decided to name as Cyna after he remembered BRICS teaching them how they had the y sound at the beginning if their name usually and it had cyan eyes.  
     Cyna prodded a bush then yanked something out.
China wondered why she didn't talk but she pushed it to him. It was like a vine, though longer and flat, like a roller bandage. Instead it was dark pine green and thin. It was slightly sticky on one side. It would do. He thanked her and went over to SA. It was long, he will be able to wrap it around a few times.
      He settled down and began wrapping it around SA, who was sitting against a tree. SA winced as it came into contact but otherwise tried to relax.
     "Thanks,"SA mumbled.
"Don't thank me yet. You can do that when we get out of here and you survive."
    SA grinned. "Sure."
China stood up. "I'll have to look for more. We only did one." He gestured to the one leg that was bound.
    With the Skryna he checked bushes and soon found one hanging by a tree. He jumped up and easily came down with it.
     "Here, I'll go check and see if they are near,"China handed him the vine like bandage. He then went off leaving SA slightly scared of being alone.
    SA held it,wondering how it was a bit sticky. He looked at the one leg that was bound and tried to do it himself.
       When he was done he looked at the one he bound compared to the one China did. His had the vine clumsily wrapped around. It hung on loose ends and soon slipped off, with a bit of blood stain on it. Then looked at China's that looked tight but wasn't only slightly and definitely no loose ends. He was slightly alarmed by how China got the experience to do this.
    His discovery was cut short when China came through and said, "We have to go. The Academy is near here so we might as well take the chance to go there."
     "Eh, about that,"SA pointed at his sloppy work. "Hehe."
    China set to work once more and used the vines to wrap around it.
     He was about the thank him again when he remembered what China said.
     "I think I can stand,"SA said, not wanting to burden China with the task of carrying him again.
     He placed his hands on the floor and slowly stood, not wanting the natural bandages to fall off. They held so he got up and took a few tentative steps. Surprisingly it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would and started a small jog.
    "I think its good,"SA gave him a thumbs up.
China nodded then his gaze darted behind him as he heard rustling noises.
    "Then it's time we get back," then he said to the Skryna, "your name is Cyna now. You should go back to my place. I don't think anyone is going to like it when an enemy goes to their territory."
    The Skryna seemed happy by its name and nodded, then ran off.
    Without a word he and SA began to traverse the forest.