Chapter 34

An explosion sounded at the distance.

China got up. He saw Qing still asleep.
He looked out of his dorm window and saw a big cloud of dust rising to the air. For some reason he knew North was in deep pain. He felt it. How...?
China checked to make sure his Dragon was asleep and opened the window. He looked out and saw the dust still rising. He could tell it came from the Academy's playground. China went out from the window, closed it and jumped down. (Like a boss)

China ran, the area wasn't far.

     "North must have fought with Martial,"he thought to himself.
He ran quite easily. As the wind ruffled his hair he knew it wasn't from any normal wind. It was the wind of battle.

      As he neared he saw three figures closest to the battle. China recognized South Korea, Japan, Mongolia and Italy. They hadn't seen him. They were too focused on the battle.
China avoided using his energy for now. It would only attract attention.

Before China arrived, Martial nearly stiffened hearing North's words. It struck him deep and he felt unparalleled rage build up in him.
"You want to kill me huh?"Martial tilted his head slightly. "I'd like to see you try."

Regrettably North wasn't himself. He couldn't control his actions or words in the heat of battle. This Duel had gone on for far too long. In truth Martial wanted it to end already. He was freaking tired, beat up to some degree and still had to fight.
He was mad though and that gave him the energy to keep on going.
North crossed over as if in a millisecond and tackled Martial. The law barely had time to defend himself but ended up deflecting a hard stone punch. With a palm he smacked North in the face and slammed him to the ground.
He heard a gasp from somewhere but ignored it. He felt North shove him away and he went into a defensive position.

North jumped up and winced, his head hurt and he was badly wounded. Not the best condition to continue to fight.
Martial was still mad. He had a grudge. It was impossible to ignore. His battle lust turned to battle rage.
This time he was the one charging at North.
He landed a kick and North ducked the next the one. He retaliated with a elbow to Martial's arm. His aim slightly off. But he succeeded in pushing Martial back.
Martial Law was a fighter and North knew it. But North was a fighter as well, which sort of made things worse. This meant the fight could go on and on.
"Enough!"

Martial said this angrily, turning he back-kicked at North and stood up. His hands gleamed with golden light and he held them in front of him. He had had enough.
"Just surrender or suffer."

North shook his head, much to the dismay of South.
Martial paused. Surprised at North's perseverance.
"Well, it's your funeral."

He released the beam.

North saw the bright light coming his way. He didn't focus on anything else.
What was he doing? He wanted to quit the fight.
Was he... really going to die?
He heard a shout from his left. It was from South, he reckoned. He recognized the voice. He just stood there and did nothing.

The first thing he noticed after temporarily ignoring his surroundings was dust flying everywhere. In rapid speed too so he got dust and grains of sand in his eye, much to his annoyance.
Surprisingly as he blinked he realized his eye was back to normal. How'd he know this? No more black liquid leaked, his eye felt normal somehow and the large puddle of blood in front of him gave him a rather decent reflection. He wasn't hurt from the beams, somehow.
A familiar voice spoke.

     "Honestly, North,"China said, as dust flew around them giving them a temporary shield from discovery. "You never stop fighting, do you?"

North was shocked. And surprised. And astonished. And whatever other synonyms of surprised there was, he was that.

How'd China get here? And, how'd he deflect the beam? He saw China spin a sword.
Of course.
China made the sword vanish and helped North straighten up.

"Too bad I didn't get here sooner,"China said casually, letting North stand on his own, knowing him well enough. "It was the explosion that notified me."
North was still shocked but nevertheless recovered.
"Oh... thanks..."He mumbled.
China glanced behind him and saw Martial staring.
"You interfered with a Duel that wasn't yours,"Martial said, incredulity and slight annoyance tempered his voice. He had thought the beams would've hit their target. He hadn't expected anyone to come in between. To defend.
Well, there was always the saying to expect the unexpected. Martial guessed that quote was somewhat true.

China gave a simple reply.

"I did. You would've done the same...if you were in my place."

Martial felt a jolt go through his mind. Was he being specific or in general?

"Come on North, let's get you cleaned up,"China said to the Korean, as he saw South Korea, Japan and their friends running towards them.