Chapter 54

Knowing that what the Skryna was saying were not empty, China waited for the Skryna to shut up, which was probably not very soon.
      "You shall be placed in a prisson cell until she deemsss you worthy of serving her." He detected a hint of triumphantness in its voice and he felt feelings of arrogance radiating from the other Skryna.
     "So I'm the only one here?" He asked this so it may confirm that South Africa was here as well. His casualness betrayed nothing.
     "No, there isss another. He shall communicate with the ssspirit animalsss for our plan to work."
      China then knew he was right. The Skryna really did capture South Africa. He was one of the few that could understand and talk to their national animals. But why would they need that?
     He quickly analyzed the information he gained from the overconfident Skryna guard.
        He had a spirit bow and he would be needing it. With practiced reflexes he summoned it and flipped an arrow into its place.
      "What are you doing?"it hissed angrily, obviously it had thought he had surrendered.
      "Thanks for the info, but unless you release my friend over there, you will be finding a shaft into your eye." He stayed the arrow, in a millisecond he could release it, but for now he gave the Skryna a chance to let go of the cyan eyed.
      The other Skryna shifted as they maintained their blue ring of fire, they couldn't turned their head or it will allow the cyan eyed to escape.
      "Very well, if you want it that way, then we will simply end your friend here."
       Before the Skryna could screech a command China released it, placed three more arrows and let loose it on the ones that maintained the ring. Shrieks of pain filled the room and the cyan eyed quickly took down one while it clawed at the arrow at its face. The one he shot earlier growled angrily, the feathers of swan visible from the side of its head. Half blinded it roared in fury and leaped at him. It misjudged the distance, however and it plummeted down to the depths of the pit that surrounded the Core and its fading shriek was heard no more.
     The Skryna guards, seeing their commander fall to its death, dispersed in fear and to alarm the rest, but a few seconds later they lay dead with shafts of arrows poking through their tough hide.
      The cyan eyed padded up to him, nudging its head at his arm gratefully and together the two ran out the find his friend.

    SA shivered as the Queen came with her guards. It glared at him with blood red eyes. In fact, he thought it was so red that if she cried, the tears would easily resemble blood.
       He waited to see what they would do, but to his surprise all he heard was a loud shriek from somewhere far away. The Queen ignored it however and he reverted his attention back to her.
      "What-"
"Do not sspeak!!" It hissed.
       He stopped and glared at the Queen. Whatever she wanted him to do, it was obvious that it would not be good. She jerked her head. Not to mention she was a jerk herself, South Africa thought, annoyed.
     She screeched an order and one of the Skryna, whom he hadn't taken notice of before, brought clamped in its jaw a orb the size of giant hazelnut. It set it carefully down in front of him.
      "Ssspeak to the animalss!!"
"No."
     "Sspeak or I shall-"
"You shall what? Kill me? You can't do that, I'll just resurrect again." Obviously this piece of info infuriated the Queen, who quickly improvised. He wondered why they wanted him to communicate with the spirit animals. But if they wanted him to do it so badly he knew it was an incredibly important part of their plan.
   "Or I shall order more cutsss and scratchess upon you. How doess that ssound?" She smiled evilly.
     Oh, that sounds just great he thought sarcastically. Seems like this queen isn't into sugarcoating and is soooo direct about stuff. That's great as well. No, really.
       "Depends,"SA answered. "Who's the unlucky one to do so?" He remembered one of BRIC's lessons concerning being cornered by Skryna. The thing is, was that is was easy to aggravate them, especially the Queen.
       "You dare assk such a quesstion?!" She spat, clawing the ground with her foot.
     "Well, obviously,"SA said, then allowed himself to roll his eyes in disrespect. "It's just a question. No need to get so angry about it."
      The other guards shuffled uncomfortably. Obviously they were nervous about seeing their monarch acting so irritated.
      She swiped at him screeching, but he ducked and roll to the side, surprising the guards. Exhilaration coursed through his veins as he found out the plan had worked.
      He sprinted out of the room just as he heard the Queen's furious shriek.
     "Get him or I shall burn all you foolsss to dusssst!!!"