Chapter 32

"Had enough yet?"
NK glared and wiped off the blood from the corner of his mouth. He ignored Martial's taunt. In all honesty he was the one who challenged Martial Law to a Countryhuman's Duel. Despite the fact Martial Law was, well, a law and not a Country. But Martial had, with a scoff and a shrug, accepted.
      At first, only a pair of countries were watching. Then a small crowd. Eventually it grew as the fight progressed.
       North Korea was not a country to easily to back down. He dodged a beam that had been easily launched from Martial's hand. He felt its searing heat slam against the ground and radiate around him. He rolled slightly and jumped up.

    With a quick flick of his wrist and a beam of hazardous yellow light, North summoned Nuclear Hell upon Martial.
     Martial looked bored as missiles launched towards him. He swerved out of the way and reflecting one back with a beam of golden light, watched North with a spite that made his blood boil.
     North dodged his own re-launched nuke and sprinted towards Martial, even as the other ran towards him.

     With a back kick North managed to land another attack. One of few anyway. Martial stumbled a little and regained his balance.
     He dusted himself off and with glowing eyes grabbed North's arm, twisted it and elbowed him right at the ribs. Ignoring this attack North raised a leg and slammed it at Martial. The two were locked in combat. The crowd was entranced yet terrified, moving back a little as the two engaged in battle. Getting bloodier and bloodier with no sign of stopping.
    Bruises were accumulated, cuts were painful earned and given.
    Martial wanted to end this fight but North, with renewed hatred would resume the attack. Unfortunately for them both, this riled Martial's battle lust.
    A sudden punch to the arm sent North skidding to the side. North heard it crack. He withheld a groan of pain and ignored the wound. He looked at Martial who was panting.
      "Fu##*** idiot,"Martial glared. "You just don't know when to quit, do you?"

North grinned.  "No, I don't."

"North!"
      Jolting him out of his battle concentration, South managed to shout North's name.
     His twin gave him a brief glance but otherwise ignored him.
     "It's nice to see the crybaby again,"Martial said boredly. "I wonder if he will challenge me too?" He gave North a look of unhidden contempt, flicking blood off his face with a thumb as if just wiping dust.
    North Korea looked back at South again, who was followed by Japan, Mongolia and Italy. His brother's worried look irritated him.
     His look said it all to South.
Stay out of this.
      "Look, you're absolutely pathetic. You can't even show concern for your twin,"Martial scoffed at North. This made North snap instantly.
     Already, before he even knew it, black liquid was leaking out of his eye. Surprised at himself he lowered his head slightly so as to hide his face from Martial for a moment and to make sure the liquid didn't pour on his wounds.

   He clasped a hand above his eye, feeling odd. As if cold seeped in his veins, unbidden and uncontrollable. He never wanted this. No, he couldn't control it. Despite himself, what was this feeling of ecstasy?
    Was it battle joy?

Or was he going insane?

     North did not like either option.