Chapter 49

The Skryna found that it had powers to sense the presence of Countryhumans. It's cyan eyes darted to the one standing in front of it and let out an excited screech. It felt immense gratitude for this one and showed affection and helpfulness whenever it could. Now, it thought it can help with something. The Skryna wanted to aid him in find it.
      China looked at the Skryna, a bit confused. Seeing how it was acting it sure felt excited. He thought it was weird that he could sort of feel what others felt.
    The Skryna ran.
Unexpectedly it did, and China looked at Qing. The dragon merely shrugged.
    Which China took as a signal to simply trust the Skryna and follow it. He started after, wondering why so often he was following things.
    As speculated the Skryna darted out of the house and since the countries were in the Academy no one saw it.
    China followed it and soon it led him to Skymawar. The Skryna obviously wanted him to follow it, stealthily as seeing how it lifted its tail up to not drag and now placed each clawed foot down daintily.
     Together the two darted into the shadows when a pair of Skryna guards came by. China did not question the young Skryna's motive of coming here.
     It sniffed and began to go off again. China followed after, warily. He had some thoughts on why the Skryna was leading him here as he had not much time to when the Skryna suddenly led him there.
     First, the Skryna might be trying to lead him to something. Second, exposing some sort of weak spot. Or third, simply wanting him to know about something that was going on.
     Down into a tunnel, which is activated by stepping on a button on the floor, which was hidden under a fern, China immediately recognized the hallway that went to the base underneath the Academy. The Skryna paused, then suddenly galloped into a run, which China immediately took after.

   The Skryna was feeling it, now closer than ever. China hadn't been here much. Obviously.
     The Skryna soon semsed what it was looking for. But has no idea where it was. Quickly it dropped to a crouch and began sniffing the ground like a dog. But a pair of Skryna suddenly appeared around the corner. The Skryna leaped back suddenly and the two quickly ran the other way.
    The pair of guards raised their heads in seeming interest, but fortunately went on their way. That was when China realized how dangerous this was.
      Where was the Skryna trying to lead him to?
It picked up the pace and soon let out a small noise of excitement which China quickly realized as a small, "Skr, Skr".
     The two intruders went to a unfamiliar hallway. Even the Skryna was a bit confused now. It recognized some parts before it was supposedly "executed" but it had never seen this place before. It must have been newly added.
     Hearing the sound of clicking claws on stone the Skryna immediately loped away in a different direction with China following behind.
      China really wanted to know what the Skryna wanted to lead him to, but unfortunately he wasn't fully fluent in Skryna language yet. He understood some. This Skryna didn't seem to have the ability to talk like the other Skryna could. China had to learn a different language from this one. 
     "Skuein," meant "Come" in this Skryna's language and that was what the Skryna said.
     China did come and soon the Skryna stopped in front of a stone wall.
      Perplexed the Skryna looked around at it. It definitely sensed the thing closer now. But it had no idea where to find it. There were no buttons or cracks. No crags. China sensed the confusion emitted from the Skryna. It nudged and slightly pushed at the wall. But nothing.
    It whined and looked at him.
China felt emotions of confusion and loss rolling in size of it. It had no idea what to do. And to make matters worse, the sound of more approaching Skryna guards were arriving.
      Pressured by the need to find it the Skryna suddenly blasted a small ball of blue flame at the wall. Nothing. The sound of claws on stone were closer and closer now.
    China braced himself for the onslaught.
The Skryna forced itself to think and suddenly had an idea. Instinctively it bit itself on the leg, and China turned around at the noise. The blood dripped to a small unnoticeable hole on the ground and the wall slowly slid open causing a small rumbling sound. Not including the noise of the approaching guards. Pacing quickly the Skryna kept on darting its gaze to the slowly opening door and the probably soon to be meeting guards. If the wall door didn't open soon enough they would be in big trouble.
     The Skrynas were coming around the corner, their shadows causing the ground in front of them to be dark.
      They waited tense.

A clunking noise was heard and as soon as it was the two slipped inside since the wall managed to open. And faster it slid shut. That was a close call.
    China was relieved and so was the Skryna. They both looked at where they were.
     A very dark hallway.