Chapter 96

The organizations flew over to them as they arrived and told them to regroup with the others. 
        "Take care of yourself,"EU said. "Those burns don't look so good."
    "Gee thanks,"Mongolia grinned, a side of his cheek smoking.
"Really EU?"UNICEF asked as the tattered group walked back.
     "What?"
"Destroying the Piece right?"AU asked. "It's like the shape of a claw. Nothing we've ever seen before."
      They had been given the Piece by Russia earlier.
"Obviously we get the Queen's fire to break it. Last time it worked,"UN said. "But she most likely wouldn't make the same mistake twice."
    "What exactly are the Skryna doing down there?"ASEAN asked.
    "The flying countries have volunteered to keep them occupied,"BRICS explained. "They are flying around distracting them as we devise a plan."
      "Is there anything else we can use to destroy it?"AU asked. The African Union was anxious.
     "Not that we know of unfortunately,"ASEAN answered. "What baffles me is how they invent things like this."
     "Everything baffles you boomer,"EU smirked. "You don't even know what a meme is."
    "Excuse me."
So while ASEAN went to temporarily beat the crap out of EU, UNICEF sighed.
      The organizations now stood over the hill, observing the action below.
     "The Skryna seem to be very irritated,"ASEAN commented, appearing at their side.
     "They are an exact mirror of you,"EU nodded. He had messy hair now but it's hard to tell.
     "Stop making stupid comments EU,"UNICEF sighed. "It is really pointless."
     "Humor isn't pointless! How could you not see the importance of keeping a light atmosphere?"EU mocked offense.
      The Queen's furious roar could be heard as well as the stampeding feet of her army.
     "Ignore the flying pestsss!!"she commanded. "Go straight to the hillsss!!"
     "Uh oh," they heard Poland say.
"Ok guys time to get back!"EU shouted.
      But a loud rumbling sound attracted all of their attention. It sounded like an earthquake, but it was more dull, more vibrating and slowly big cracks were forming.
       The group with the organizations watched as the cracks grew larger. Some of the Skryna fell down immediately while others clambered out of slightly smaller cracks and looking at their Queen for answers. She just toothily grinned. She seemed to know what was going on.
     "Back!" was the simple order she gave and the Skryna backed up. Soon, they were out of the ravine.
      A loud shrieking sound pierced their non-existent ears causing the flying countries to cover the side of their heads.
         "What is that?!"America asked loudly through gritted teeth as the sound grew ever louder.
       "No idea!"Canada answered back, "But it must be huge in order to make a sound that loud!" The sound seemed to be never ending. Then it stopped.
     Cautiously they lowered their hands. The organizations looked at each other. What was going on?
      Quickly slimy tentacles shot out of the cracks, just below the flying countries.
       The tentacles grabbed them. Some others tried to fly out of reach so they could help their friends but they were snatched in the air as well. They shouted in surprise.
     "Poland!!"Germany exclaimed. "It got Poland! We have to help them!" He started down the hill but Singapore grabbed his arm.
      "No!"Singapore sternly told him. "You can't go there! It's too dangerous!"
      "But Poland..."Germany's voice faltered. The winged, captured countries were dragged down.
     Visibly struggling Wales stabbed at the tentacle with his emerald dagger. But it was no use. He was hopelessly brought down to the cracks with the others.
      "Poland! POLAND!!! Germany shouted. Tears streamed down his eyes as he looked for his friend. Ukraine gasped and buried her face in Canada's chest. He held her tight. Singapore let go of Germany's arm, he too was shocked.
     "What's going on?!"Iran raced down the hill. "What's everyone screaming about?"
      UN was quiet for a moment.
"UN, what are we going to do?" NATO asked.
     He was silent. Then he said, "We can't destroy the Piece now, if we do we will be wasting time trying to make it happen. We have to go and see what the underground creature is."
       "No need,"BRICS said he stepped forward. "Russia and China are coming."
       "What could they possibly know about the thing?"UNICEF raised a questioning brow.
        "They said they were gonna come. We have to wait," BRICS replied.
      "We don't have time to wait,"America sounded impatient.
       "Romania!!"Bulgaria cried, as she sprinted torwards them. "It got him!" She sobbed. "What are we gonna do?! What's gonna happen to him?!"
     Ukraine held her arms as she brought her into a hug. Bulgaria cried freely.
      "I shouldn't have left him. I shouldn't have left him,"she sounded muffled as she covered her face.
      While Ukraine comforted her friend, China and Russia came down the hill.
      "Took ya long enough commies,"America said.
China did not respond to this comment but Russia gave America an exasperated look.
      "We were in that thing,"Russia said. "When we saw the slimy tentacles, we knew what it is."
     "Not the name, but enough to know that it did no harm so far,"China added quietly.
   "It's warm,"Russia included, remembering how stuffy it felt when they were in there. "In the inside. We haven't encountered the digestive system or any of its stomach acid. But we did see the organs and managed to do some damage to it."
       "What? So you're saying the acid might be at its butt?"EU said, slightly joking.
      Russia said in a cold tone, "No, but we are guessing it might actually spray it out."