Chapter 8

Japan read her manga while eating some sushi on her bed. It was early in the morning so she had nothing to do in her dorm. Her dormmates were Italy and Mongolia and they were still asleep.
      She flipped to the next page. As she was about to take another bite of her sushi she heard some screaming outside the window. She jumped, startled and saw Mongolia and Italy have woken up too.
      "What's going on?"Mongolia asked, leaping out of bed and using a simple country spell, changed clothes. Italy did the same as did Japan, since she was still in her pajamas.
      They looked out the window and saw Bulgaria on the ground with a huge black creature over her.
      "What is that thing?!"Italy shrieked. "It's so huge!!"
     Japan's eyes widened. "I think that's the creature that's been attacking the countries! NATO told us yesterday,"she quickly explained.
      "We got to help her!"Mongolia exclaimed and the two nodded. They ran downstairs and flung the door open. Other countries have woken up as well now.
       China went out followed by North and South Korea.
     "We heard someone screaming, what happened?"South asked, worry in his eyes.
      "It's Bulgaria! She's being attacked."Mongolia pointed to the other side their own dorm. He looked. "She's over there!"
       The six ran as fast as they could down the street and saw the creature. Japan's heart pounded. Her fur on her tail spiked up when she saw how huge it was.
       "What the heck is that thing?!"South's eyes widened, he'd never seen anything like it.
      "How are we suppose to know? We just saw it today!"Italy said to South Korea."Anyone have a plan to get around that thing and save Bulgaria!?"
     "Time to play hero guys,"Mongolia sighed.
      "Alright me and South will distract that thing,"Japan said, a plan formulating in her head quickly. "Mongolia go to its right and use your battle axe, Italy try getting Bulgaria out, China and North attack from wherever you think best, me and South will lure it away to the forest. If we don't come back within 10 minutes come after us. NO QUESTIONS!! GO! GO! GO!"
          Although she spoke quickly everyone understood and didn't protest. She ran with South and they both started throwing Shurikens and aiming deadly green flame streams to the monster, which turned away from a bleeding Bulgaria.
      Mongolia leaped into action first besides the two and he used Weapon Spirit, summoned his axe and threw it at the creature causing it to howl in fury and pain.
         Italy followed after, dodging its long whipping tail and even took out his gun and shot at its side.
        North used a small amount of Nuclear Hell and sent rainfires of dangerous nukes into the creature's hide while China had to change direction since the creature moved to its right. Everyone was running to action.
        Mongolia leaped unto the creature and yanked his axe off, blood pouring out and spraying on his face.
       "Ew,"Mongolia leaped off just in time to escape its raking claws. The creature screamed as the nukes found their mark, North directing each of them to vulnerable areas and avoiding hitting the other countries. It started to back away.
         China skidded to a stop, whipped out a chopstick and threw it hard, right at one of the creature's nostrils, causing it to inhale it and start making choking noises and temporarily making it stop attacking them.

   "Nice,"China commented, as North launched it right at the head. North grinned. A rare sight.
        Japan used Art of the Ninja and crept under the creature, avoiding its stomping feet. She summoned three Shurikens and shoved them deep into its abdomen. And temporarily saw Mongolia aiming another hit at the leg. Blood poured down.
       She immediately ran out from under the creature as it shrieked, rising on its hind legs and nearly hitting Italy as he knelt besides Bulgaria but he had aimed a bullet at its feet causing it to roar in pain. The bullet penetrated the skin and sprayed blood on him.
South was aiming streams of green flame at the creatures face.
      Another explosion let Japan know that North was 100% hitting the target. She sighed in temporary relief when Italy had lifted Bulgaria safely to the other side.
       After seeing this Mongolia hacked into the creatures skin one more time and gestured to China and North to get away so Japan and South can do their part.
     South stopped the flames for a while and ran to the front of the creature who was now roaring loudly as it stomped unto its four clawed feet again.
       "OY!! UGLY BRUTE!! GET A LOAD OF THIS!!"South shouted loudly, getting the full attention of the beast. He shot some green fireballs at it and zoomed out of the way as the creature lunged forward to snap at him. Japan jumped back as the creature leaped torwards her as well, both of them in front of it.
       "To the forest!"Japan instructed South and after dodging from the creature's snapping jaws, South took the lead and constantly hit the creature with green flames to make sure it kept on following them.
      Before they knew it they reached the forest. The creature lumbered after them. Both of their hearts were pounding. They knew the creature was deeply infuriated. The beast crashed into trees and Japan thought she felt the breath of it down her neck. She quickened her speed.
        South grabbed her hand and suddenly they veered to the left, and the creature who was following them top speed crashed into a huge boulder.
        Japan was scared out her mind, but let South lead her farther from the creature as it shook its massive head and roared before charging at them again.
        "Over there!"South pointed, and ahead of them was a rising rock with a crack barely big enough to squeeze them in. The monster was near now. South led Japan in and they both slipped through the crack just as the creature crashed into it causing small bits of rock cascading down. Japan mumbled a small "ow" as a rock hit her head and as she scratched her knee against a sharp jutting rock.
        South blasted a huge stream of flame at it and led her deeper into the rock until it felt like a small cave. The creature gave an infuriating roar and kept on hitting the rock, terrifying Japan as the rock shuddered and cracked more. If it kept on breaking apart the huge pieces could come crashing down on them any second. They saw the black smoking snout reaching for them.
         It seemed to be like hours but suddenly South, peeking slightly, saw the monstrosity rear back and shriek as if something was holding it back. And it was being held back, not by something but by someone.
        The rock was trembling now. South quickly ran to action, still holding Japan's hand and both of them barely made it out when the rock collapsed into a deadly heap. As they ran out Japan was surprised to see Mongolia on top of the beast, his axe deeply embedded to its head and him holding on to the handle, standing up and keeping balance. He gave them a grin.
       "We got this!"Italy shouted, waving at them with his free hand, the other shooting the beast, carefully making sure they didn't hit the country on top of it. North aimed another atomic bomb at it, hitting the creature and causing it to stumble.
        The ground seemed to shake when the beast started jumping, trying to free itself from Mongolia who summoned another battle axe and buried it deep into its skull. It let loose a roar that seemed to echo through the entire forest.
        Soon, the creature shuddered and opened its mouth as if to roar, but instead the inside of its jaw started glowing.
      "Watch out! It's gonna blast something!"North shouted, pulling Italy away from its gaping mouth.
       Mongolia retrieved his axe and leaped off, nearly losing his balance when the creature turned to face South and Japan's direction.