14. Shadow

There was barely any light inside the cave, it was almost dark. They were restlessly waiting for the situation to calm down, then a light but disturbing sound that did not seem to be coming from far away heard in their ears. The sound kept getting closer and closer with each passing minute as they were looking in that direction particularly. 

A mysterious dark shadow formed at the walls. A little grey creature with fiery, oval eyes appeared at the moment. It had an oversize cranium and tiny mouth. It looked like it might attack any time. 

"Taehyung-ah!, go talk to it in your alien language, after all you're a master of that." Jin places his hand on the former's shoulder, not letting even a single chance to miss.

"Haha...do you think it's funny hyung? Sorry but it's not, at all!" Taehyung gave him a death glare.

While the alien that was approaching them, shoots out some sort of energy at them. They were stuck in the moment and unfortunately, Namjoon got a hit straight on his chest. He lost his balance and fell on his back. He groan with pain. 

"Hyung!!" Jimin and others helped in standing him up.

"Are you okay?!" Yoongi asked in a voice full of concern. "Ah-h...y-ee, it seems like." Namjoon stammered while his hand was still holding onto the affected area.

However, the sense of irony was apparent to everyone.

"Beep. Beep. Beep...one life lost!"  the sound of a siren ringing filled in the air.

Hoseok got fired up in anger upon seeing his peer in pain. His eyes changed their color from slight orange to extreme red. His whole body was emitting yellowish-orange flames. 

Everyone else dragged their some steps back due to the sensation of immense heat. Especially Moon, who was having the ice power couldn't be able to withstand it. Her body temperature rose and her eyes glowed ice blue. She started getting restless as a drop of sweat rolled down her face. 

Fortunately, Jimin caught her right before she was about to fell. They carefully sat her in a corner as her condition was not showing any signs of being fine. Bee helped her in taking her jacket off, leaving her in a camouflage top. Taehyung took her hand in his and rubs it, while his other hand was supporting and comforting her on her back. 

While Hoseok was busy confronting the creature. He launched his powerful flames at the it. A part of creature's head got ignited. It screamed in pain. He then unstoppably began to shoot his flames at it. It had such a strong impact that the alien's solid body began to burn vigorously. It took just a few seconds to scorch it down completely, leaving only ashes and smoke behind.

His body turned back to it's actual temperature and so did his eyes.

Whereas Moon's body also attained it's normal condition.

Hoseok quickly ran to her to see what happened.

Beep. Beep. Beep...one life lost!

"I-I'm sorry, Moon. It's all because of me that you ended up losing your one precious life. I'm really sorry." Hoseok felt guilty, his eyes filled with tears.

"It's alright, it's not your fault. You were just trying to help us. It's just our powers don't get along well. So don't be upset and cheer yourself up like you always do, after all we still have to cover a long journey. Fighting!!" she said wiping out the tears from his cheeks.

He and the others collected themselves up, seeing the girl's spirit.

"Everyone, Fighting!!" Taehyung shouted as they all put their palms on his and did the cheer.