33. Forsaken

"Welcome to Level 8!"

Blur.

Everything was just a blur to their very eyes for a few seconds which took them to adjust their vision.

Plumes of dust erupted in the ambiance, giving the air a musty smell. Hot waves of wind blew as if reminding them that they were alive right there in that moment of time. Upon that, even the most casual clothing becoming as the sails of a great ship.

"Ah, my eyes," Bee growled as a speck of fine dust particles filtered through her eyes. 

The rest of the others were no different either as they finched strongly. 

"Here, let me see—"

Hoseok cupped Bee's cheeks between both of his palms, which squished a bit as he did so, making her look even more adorable than she already was.

Bee could swear that her cheeks were flushing beet red upon the close proximity as Hoseok tried to blow the dust out of her eyes. Sucking in short breaths in between, his lips moved gently as warm yet soft breath hit her face. The irritation in her eyes was long gone when she captured a good look of the person with slightly worried expressions in front of her. 

Piercing almond orbs played hide and seek from in between his ruffled chestnut locks which were curtaining half of his forehead. His diamond-shaped face, with more prominent and sharp features, his nose a perfect slope leading to thin pink lips, only to be parted by the philtrum along the way, pointier jawline, and high cheekbones providing a more elegant look and god that adam's apple bobbing up and down as he leaned closer was more than enough to allure her, to make her heart do flips inside her chest.

Jung Hoseok, why are you so breathtaking?

It didn't need the genius to tell that his skin was weather-beaten, she wondered in awe how it still appeared to be sun-kissed. How it made her feel an emotion which she never actually felt before, jealousy. Jealousy from the sun.

"Is it better now?" Hoseok's sweet voice snapped Bee out of her daze.  

"No, no, I think there is more." 

"Ah, it hurts," A small smirk unconsciously crept up to the corners of her lips as she inched closer to him.

Hoseok once again started to blow slowly, delicately tracing his thumb under her eyebags.

"Ahem," Namjoon cleared his throat as he curled his fist before his lips.

"It seems like the dust of the entire universe has taken a shelter in her eyes," Moon commented, little giggles leaving her mouth shortly.

Bee facepalmed herself internally upon forgetting that they were not alone but surrounded by the seven others.

She then nudged Moon who was still chortling, clasping her palms together.

"If the lovebirds' romance is over, then shall we move further?" Yoongi asked, which sounded more of a statement rather than a question.

Hoseok opened his mouth to say something but nothing really came out as a crimson hue now plastered on his whole face. He was actually a bit taken aback as he least expected to hear this from Yoongi.

While Bee awkwardly shifted her gaze away upon the mention of the term "lovebirds", she couldn't help but smile to herself.

"Let's get going!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As they covered some distance, the landscape was desolate and devoid of any inhabitants as if waiting for their presence. It was nearly vacant of greenery and sunshine.