38. Let Down

"Welcome to level 9: The Final Level!"

Taking deep breaths, they crossed through an invisible membrane, only to be found themselves in a completely different dimension, bright, nearly blinding surroundings which demanded a few rapid blinks from their visions to adjust properly.

They all were already stood on a circular podium, and before they could analyze the settings all around appropriately, a big, flashy hologram screen popped right in the middle.

"What the heck?! We only get single lives for this level?" Taehyung whisper-shouted, running his hand through his dark hair.

"That means, our blood, sweat, and tears, our efforts to save our lives, all went in vain?!" A clear disappointment was laced in Yoongi's voice. "Ha, I can't believe it!"

"We need to be extra careful from now on." Everyone nodded at Moon's advice although it seemed half determination and half nervousness.

Without providing them any time to process anything else as always, the ground trembled. As soon as the holographic screen faded, the surroundings transformed drastically. And when it did — there was a collective gasp. 

Into the harkened light of day, into the blessed blue, comes the silhouettes that were born of shapen light. And to the eyes, the adjusting eyes, to the brains still processing the freshly brightened hues, appears doors and windows with wood lintels, timber-framed roofs which thick smoke releasing from the smoke holes, a sort of village-town

They were taken aback to found their clothing changed into some royal ones — long tight black waistcoats hugged their bodies, perfectly complementing their curves, which were richly embroidered in silver thread, with a brilliant red sash across from right shoulder to left hip. Loose cloth breeches bloused over long boots with the tops turned down and draped over their shoulders like cloaks, paired with a deep crimson greatcoat which itself was covered in dense gold embellishments that depicted the same colors as their eyes when they uses their superpowers. Stylish black veils secured each of their faces underneath.

"What's this?" When Jimin was untying the veil that covered his face, he was stopped by Jin who grabbed his forearm almost surprisingly. "Don't." 

"If our faces are already concealed then it may hold some purpose, so let them be."  

After agreeing on exactly what Jin had suggested, they moved further, the streets were converting more steep and meandering, with an irregular width, and between the streets were vivid small shops which were barely covered, the vendors buzzing their lungs out, trying their best for the sales, the bargaining noises of the buyers were no less either. The place was crowded as people wandered back and forth, some looked like tourists, while the others were peasants and local village people. The goods varied from fruits, clothes, accessories, furniture, weapons, to even pawn shops.