31. Dark & Wild

Nine pairs of eyes glanced at the prospect of the worst-case scenario. 

There it was. 

A dark figure appeared slowly, dragging his one foot against the metal floor, unconsciously smashing himself here and there with the cabinet doors as he walked, more of staggered. His whole body was shaking and twitching. His eyeballs were bloodshot which then rolled in their sockets crazily. Both mandible and maxilla composing his jaw looked dislocated and wide opened doing weird movements with tongue lolled outside. Ugly, greyish purple veins were popping out of his face and neck area. The warmth of his skin, long since drained, leaving only a sickly pale stain to decorate his rotting flesh. 

A stench of blood had long engulfed the air.

"What in the blue hell is that?!" 

A grave silence followed. Nobody could move like their feet were stuck on the spot with the help of adhesives. 

At first, the 'undead' appeared to be dormant, just hanging to the sides of the glass doing nothing. Then their footsteps were automatically withdrawn back with cold beads of sweat glistening on their temples when there arose a whole shamble of them.

Suddenly, the 'things' shrieked in an ear-piercing noise and then swooped and started banging hard on the windshield glass with their awfully broken arms, repeatedly, to the point that cracks began to form and it could break anytime soon.

It was a gruesome sight they had only seen in apocalyptic movies or the darkest phases of their nightmares but the fact that they have to encounter that and then also battle with that made their hearts froze within their ribcages.

Practically, it was Dark & Wild.

"What are you waiting for?!"

"RUN!"

Amid the ruckus, they had successfully escaped the train compartment, securing themselves behind the adjacent one. Breaths hitched in their throats, palms placed on their kneecaps in weariness. 

"Wait,"

"Where's Moon?!"

"Shit!"

When they were in the process of rushing out, Moon tripped over and her arm got stuck in between the side berth, pinning her down to one of the seats.

"Where are you going? L-Listen-" Before Yoongi could say anything, the two were already out.

"Taehyung! Why are you here?!" Moon spat. 

"Why am I here?"

"To enjoy the sight of you being eaten up by those maniacs." His reply definitely left her aghast.

"Of course, to take you with me, stupid!"

Taehyung tried to pull out her arm while the bangs on the glass were becoming wilder and wilder with each passing second.

"Leave."

"What?!" 

"Just leave from here. They're about to break in, Taehyung!" Moon yelled out loud, tears already staining her cheeks.

"Will you just button up your lip?!"

With one final strong twist, Taehyung snatched her arm out of the seat and that was the moment when the glass cracked and a swarm of zombies broke in, crowding the compartment they still stood in.

Taehyung's eyes instantly turned to purple as he shot the purple beams from his palms, which halted those 'things' to some extent.

"Quickly, take her out." Jimin who was with them until now told.