24. A Merry Moment

"Welcome to Level 6!"

"Zhzh!"

Their minds still weren't over with what happened at the previous level when the intense change of atmosphere left them shuddered. 

Ice.   

Everywhere was nothing but ice

The frozen, featureless wasteland all around with ice having a diamond glow sitting as proudly as any seaward ship. Ice crystals growing into a sparkling community of dancing light. The arctic peaks showed the deepest rocky grey peaking through the white like sugar sprinkled over cake. They were sky-stabbing at the top, black mosses dotting them, the cunning milky white mist fumbled around the mountain's neck, almost forming a ring.

Their teeth chattered from cold, Jack Frost nipping at their noses. [a/n: it's a slang used for describing the icy effects of cold on one's face.] The frigid air had a way of keeping them at the moment, snatching away body heat faster than it could be replaced.

With each step they took, the crystal-clear ice flakes crunched and crackled under their feet. The landscape eyeing them somehow felt graceful yet lifeless.

A paradise of death.

"Ah!"

"Jungkook!" Jin grumbled as if he was hit by a rock. 

"Wait, A-h J-Jungk-ook!" Jin jumped back and forth like a two-year-old before Jungkook shot another snowball which came swinging in the air and spanked Jin on his butt. 

"Right, you've decided to go this way? Now see!"Jin's face was stretched into a grin so wide it should have fallen right off his face, his hands collecting the snow, forming a quick sphere in his hands. After tossing the ball of snow in his palm a few times, Jin threw it, aiming at Jungkook's the back of his neck as he tried to run away.

"My shot never gets missed," Jin said cockily when he got what he wanted...the satisfaction after hitting the younger. 

"Ya ya we know, you've mastered this too!" Taehyung chuckled, his tone laced with the tease.

Forgetting everything, the snow only meant one thing for them - snowball fight! 

Then there was a sudden division of teams as if a war was about to broke out.

Team Kim Seokjin vs Team Jeon Jungkook! 

Team Kim Seokjin which comprised of Namjoon, Taehyung, and Bee gathered beside Jin. Whilst the members of Team Jeon Jungkook including Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi crossed their paths with the opponent squad, exchanging glares with them as if it was a battle of ages and stood on Jungkook's side. Whereas Moon was automatically made MC as her ice balls moulding skills could not be matched. 

"Hello, this is your MC moonstar! Firstly, I would like to invite the leaders of both teams, Mr. Seokjin and Mr. Jungkook!"

"Do you have to say something to your rival team?" Moon asked Jin, folding her fingers into an imaginary mic.

"Yee, I just want to say that to my foes- The smittens are coming off, so be ready!" Jin ended his short but effective speech with a flying kiss paired with a sniggle.

"Ooh! that was precise and clear. What would you like to say in return, Jungkook-ssi?" Moon questioned, turning her non-existent mic to him.

"Let us show you, what we can do!" Jungkook commented demeaningly. 

"Alright, so let the match begin!" Moon declared, her voice full of enthusiasm. 

In less than five minutes, they were kneeling in a pristine white blanket that covered the ground. When perhaps twenty snowballs were made by each team and stacked, round one began.