43. You Matter

The group of seven could feel intense winds fanning their cheeks as heavy specks of dust swirled in the air.

"W-What happened, is he alright?" Taehyung's voice came small, almost a whisper as he gasped at the youngest's current state.

"He's unconscious," Jimin was in disbelief as he carried the limp body of Jungkook, whose arm was slung over his shoulder, his eyes still gleaming with a light shade of magenta. "First, make a room for him."

Considering the gravity of the situation, Moon collected some of the water in her palms from the magnificent lake nearby, pouring it in Jungkook's mouth one drop at a time.

Soon after, a few coughs erupted as Jungkook opened his eyes slowly. He groaned in pain as Taehyung helped him sit, his body covered in numerous bruises, blood seeping out from open wounds.

"Just a minute," Moon's eyes were now ice-blue as she kneeled down beside Jungkook. She wiggled her fingers over the deep gash that was on his forehead.

At that point, the tension in the air thickened as Moon could feel more stares bore into her skull. As the healer of the group, she figured that there was a reason why everyone was abruptly filled with panic. "Why...why aren't you healing?"

Everyone was caught off-guard when a scoreboard showed up unanticipatedly, which was titled moonstar.

Moon's eyes widened in shock when she deciphered what it showed, a cross, 'Healing ability' was marked with a bold red cross.

"W-What?" A scream left her lips at the instant as she was in denial. "This can't be!"

Certainly, there was an assurance before. But now with losing her healing powers, she was actually...distraught. She felt...she felt as if a part of her was snatched away from her.

"I think this should do," Jimin bobbed his head as he glanced for a sign of approval before he sprinkled the same fresh water on Jungkook's lesions.

"Argh!" Jungkook winced in pain as he clenched his jaw, his hands involuntarily curling into fists. "It h-hurts,"

Jimin facepalmed himself for taking the step out of eagerness. He ran his hand through his blonde hair in frustration as he thought he messed up and worsened Jungkook's condition.

"It works!" Yoongi shouted as he tapped Jimin's shoulder, almost alarming him out. Jimin's eyes shot up as he felt overwhelmed when he saw the former's wounds begin to heal gradually.

"Now we have to leave this place," Jimin spoke as he squinted his eyes, scanning the place out of instinct. "The King, his cavalry is after us and it won't take much longer for them to track us."

After affirming that Jungkook was alright as he got himself cured thoroughly and he explained in detail what had happened to him, the team of nine passed up the area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they had reached a few miles, they were least expecting to be surrounded by huge slabs of walls all of a sudden, each making a loud thud as they fell of out nowhere and halted their way.

It didn't make sense to have their faces hidden anymore after Jungkook's identity was already revealed and those veils just gave them a feeling of no other than cowards. So by then, none of them had their faces covered at the moment as they were determined to fight against whatever was coming and to end up all the mess, once and for all.

Just a few seconds of determination and it seemed to waver already when everyone had to do a double-take as they found themselves looking at themselves, each one of which landed jumping from behind the walls.