32. A Hell of a Ride

"Let's go!"

Jin announced whipping out his Katana, preparing himself beforehand. 

Taehyung who was in front, kind of leading the group slid the glass door open.

They carefully tiptoed their way entering the adjacent compartment. To their surprise, it was vacant and awkwardly silent, free from any signs of the zombies' presence. 

"Shh...Look," Jimin placed his index finger close to his lips as he pointed at the other section where a horde of zombies was freely roaming around.

Gulping down the lump formed in their throats, they moved forward. As soon as Taehyung unlocked the door, all the creatures turned up their heads and immediately rushed towards them, screaming with their mouths hung open as wide as possible.

Jungkook grabbed two of the seats and swung his legs at the first zombie which landed right at its chest, and his kick held that much force that the creature collapsed along with a streak of zombies following behind. His eyes didn't forget to shine steel grey in the process. He then chucked another zombie who crawled and tried to attack into the cabin walls. After dismantling out a piece of the metal rod, he straight away stabbed it in the zombie's bloody mouth, preventing it from any further ambushes.

"Gross!" Jungook remarked before kicking it into the pile of 'undeads'.

In midst of havoc, Taehyung didn't notice when a zombie jumped on top of him, now aggressively trying to bite him to mutate him into one of them. 

He was pinned down to one of the seats, tussling to avoid its sting, the sharp nails of the zombie already digging into his skin. There was roughly nil proximity between the zombie's teeth and his neck and the inhumane almost had a mouthful of his flesh when a loud 'clink' echoed which was actually the sound of the zombie's head as it hit the metal floor. 

There stood Jin with pearl white eyes and his remarkable katana which was coated in blood after severing the creature's head from its body.

"Are you alright?" Jin reached out his hand, pulling Taehyung up to make him regain his composure.

"Oh my God, you got scratches!" Taehyung's own eyes widened upon Yoongi's statement.

Moon dashed to him without sparing a second, not caring about the zombies all around.

"It will hurt a little," She pressed her freezing cold palm onto the affected area around his nape. Her irises were glowing ice blue as she began the healing procedure. But Taehyung didn't realize one thing if he was feeling the pain, she was also feeling the same pain.     

"Back off!" Hoseok warned everyone else as his eyes now burning fiery orange, blazing flames already leaving from every tip of his body in the form of flickers. 

After closing his eyes for a second and then reopening them with an even brighter shade like he had summoned all his power, he waved out his arms, and this time, not just mere beams but a wild conflagration filled the compartment, just like a dragon emitting hot flames, the only difference was that he was shooting them out from his palms instead of the mouth.

His eight fellow mates who were witnessing the scene from a distance were left with their mouths slightly parted in amazement, eyes widened at the dreadful sight as they could easily sense immense heat even from an expanse.

Soon there were white-hot toxic fumes in the air leaving behind the grey matter of those creatures which once 'existed' and now were dissolved into ashes.  

"Let's move!" Hoseok gestured with a sterner voice.

"I think it's time to execute our plan," Bee spoke as her eyes turned pale golden.