19. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

As Jimin and Jungkook turned around the next corner, a cold gust of wind caressed their cheeks. An eerie chill of the forest greeted them unwillingly. A silent sentinel of the groves sent shivers down their spines. They were surprised at first to witness such quietude but quickly their thoughts were replaced with something much more important than that. 

Within the blink of an eye, they'd found themselves surrounded by a square of four-mile-high walls made of grey concrete, thick, dark green branches clung from their very top. It was scarfed in a yellow haze, dulled by the lack of light. Numerous twists and steep slopes loomed in front of them and their irises just stared wearily. 

"What the hell is that?!" 

That was all that could come out of Jungkook's mouth, beads of cold sweat were dripping down his forehead as he frantically moved around, feeling distraught and apprehensive.

It caused them to swallow down a big gulp as everywhere they turned they saw themselves, distorted, panicked. Their hands running over the mirrors as if just by touching something real they could keep their minds in the maze. With so many images, all of them of their own suffering, they couldn't keep track of their own direction. 

"Huh how come we're here again? The exact same thing happened a few seconds ago!" 

Their hearts pounded as they skidded to a stop. They barely stopped themselves from crashing into a wall. They scanned dark walls, clean and well maintained but full of secrets, finding a secret button.

They looked around, wondering which way to go, but all that could be seen were dark passageways leading to nowhere. Their hands were like working out in a gym, they were sweaty. Their brains like a machine, they thought over and over.

Jungkook had been urging to go to the left but one side of Jimin told his mind to go to the right while the other begged them to go straight.

"Wait up here. I'll go and have a quick track of the way to the entrance. Maybe it'll work." Jimin said, placing his hand on the latter's shoulder. 

Jimin's eyes soon changed their color to magenta and he dashed past him with the speed of light, making Jungkook's pupils go wider and hair blew away. 

Jungkook's anticipating eyes met with Jimin's, waiting for a positive response as he came back after a few seconds. His silence and head hung low in despair were enough for him to get his answer.

Tip tip tip was the sound of their footsteps on the ground which could be heard clearer than anything else. Minutes became hours, as they made their way through. Thousands of twists and turns with dead ends, curved and connected which made getting out difficult. Eternal silence never to be broken by anything. 

"Argh!" Jungkook threw his fist onto one of the mirrors in frustration and it shattered into millions of small pieces as his eyes glowed steel grey.

As the mirror crashed, there was nothing behind it...there wasn't actually a way there, it was just an illusion of their eyes, contributing to reducing one of the confusion.

Both Jimin and Jungkook exchanged glances as they could finally sense a ray of hope.

Now they knew what they had to do.

Jungkook punched onto the other mirror and the same happened with it... its path ended there.

He continuously smashed the pieces of mirrors one by one until they found the one for which they were looking forward.

The real one.

As soon as he disintegrated it, there was not only a wall, instead, there was a way, a way that led them to the entrance.