44. United by Love

"Your mind is like water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear."

...

"Chase me," All the fake Bees chuckled loudly as Bee found herself encircled by them. "If you can."

The fierce expression on Bee's features was being replaced by one of nervousness when she averted her gaze in every possible direction, and it annoyed her. She hated those disgusting laughs all around, each one of which seemingly mocking her. She just simply hated that feeling.

Ironical for the optical illusion power holder, she found herself caught up in a situation that was a bit difficult to cut through the illusion being played upon herself.

At first, she tried to figure a way of differentiating between those multiple Bees but she couldn't. Their looks, the way they all spoke in conjunction, their vicious laughs, everything was identical.

Focus. Think Think Think, Closing her eyes, and stressing her mind, Bee buried her face in her palms.

At the moment, her eyes fluttered open with a new golden shine, a smirk now playing on her lips as she faced her replicas.

It was getting dark as it was past the time of sunset. Brilliant sunshine glow held in Bee's orbs when she opened her embrace widely as she started summoning the ambiance. The surroundings began to change drastically and eventually, it was daytime again, a perfect bright sun hung in the sky.

Before the fake Bees could take an action, the ultraviolet rays of the sun cast upon them and as soon as they did, her illusion took a troll. Just as Bee planned, not multiple but only a single dark shadow formed on the ground right next to one of the forms.

And that was it. Bee filtered out her real fake one when the others which didn't have any shadows attached to their forms vanished into the thin air.

"Bee!" Hoseok was panting as he came running towards her and immediately secured her in his arms with a jolt.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere? Does it hurt a lot?" Hoseok's eyes were out of focus, his voice dripping with concern as he checked Bee from head to toe.

"Relax, Hoseok!" Bee looked into his almond orbs as she gently rubbed her thumb over his knuckles in assurance. "I'm completely fine."

Hoseok sighed deeply, his long lashes blinking away the tiredness.

Amid everything, they had almost forgotten that both of their replicas were now standing right in front of them.

"Hey, look at them," Fake Hoseok who stood beside fake Bee spoke as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Is it just me, or they do look pitiful to you as well?"

"Oh," Bee's replica scrutinized her gaze at Hoseok's fake as if she was amused. "You're right!"

"Especially, her." Fake Bee had a wide grin on her face as she pointed at Bee. "If anyone who looks the most pathetic to me right now, it is her."

"How ridiculously she waited and begged for his love." Bee's clone tilted her head as fake Hoseok glanced at her with a smirk. "In fact, she would have nearly been imposing herself on him if he hadn't accepted her out of sympathy."

Bee's eyes widened with shock as she took in her replica's 'not so decent' words. She didn't know why but tears started dwelling in her eyes. She shouldn't be affected by her words, right?

"Button up your lip!" Hoseok hissed roughly, his irises radiating orange as blazing flames wrapped around his veined arms.

"Why?" Hoseok gulped out of habit when fake Hoseok progressed towards him. "Because she is just spilling the truth and you're not willing to hear it?"