40. War of Arcane

"H-hey! Wait a minute, I don't think we're at the right trac—" Jin whisper-shouted seeing them taking the other trail, which seemed a way to anywhere but a royal palace.

"That's none of your business, just do as what is said." General's low-pitched voice was almost reprimanding.

"Follow us!"

As they got closer to their destination, the low noises that could be heard in their ears along the way had eventually turned into loud, whooping cheers.

Located in the middle of the town, there stood the freestanding structure of circular or, more of, an elliptical architecture with three levels of arches around the outside- the amphitheatre.

"What the..."

The swear word nearly slipped out of Hoseok's tongue as he scanned in the entire place.

The finely arched main entrances had artistic decors and were adorned with peculiar but mighty-looking war horse sculptures on both sides. The stands were divided into rows along the coaxial lines which were equipped with the thousands of seats placed concentrically.

"Ah, Welcome!"

A deep voice reverberated, followed by immediate attention paid by the audience.

"May we have a huge round of applause in honor of our visitors!"

There sat the King, high up in his cubiculum right atop the center of the arena.

Due to this, the troop of nine had to elevate their heads upwards. Because of the height distance, they could barely observe the King except that he wore royal armor and a high-topped golden crown that was gilded with numerous crimson jewels rested at the top of his head.

But the most deviant feature that could be noticed about him was that, like all the superpower holders, he had his face secured under a thin, dark veil.

"It's my pleasant duty to bid you all a cordial welcome in the Kingdom of Arcane. I'm King Harold Collins."

While Taehyung who was leading the group nodded in acknowledgment, the others didn't lose their stern expressions.

"Would you now bother to tell for what purpose you have all come in my place?" King Harold sounded calm, his tone still a sort of mocking.

"And why do you think would we tell you that?" Jungkook snapped as he stared at him.

The King chuckled darkly as he suddenly rose in his place, his hands folded behind his back. "You must've got so much courage to ask this."

"Yes, I do!" Jungkook stood firm and determined at his spot. "Rather, how would we know whether there is really a King under the guise of that facade or someone else?"

"Watch out for your words, puerile man!"

"Jungkook," Namjoon held the younger by his arm as the former contentedly began to progress his steps ahead, separating with and leaving the other eight behind. The worry was evident in the elder's features upon seeing the King losing his cool.

But to no avail, Jungkook didn't budge at slightest.

"You call yourself a what? A King?"

"Of course, he is our Jungkook," Namjoon and the others could just sigh knowing the youngest's personality, once he had decided to argue, then no one could stop him.

"A King is known for his fierceness and face-to-face talks. They don't hide their face like you. You're just no one but a coward!"

"Enough, silence at this instant!"