23. The Evil Spirit

"C'mon Taehyung! you're the last one." Jin sheathed his form within his cape. 

They were tiptoeing past the chair where the girl sat when their feet got entangled due to which they tripped over. 

Before they could manage themselves or take any action, the cape exposed them, making them fully visible as Jin's eyes lost their shine.

"Oh crap!" 

That's when the girl stopped rocking the chair as she turned her gaze in their direction. 

Her frizzled, jet-black hair hung over her sniffy-looking face. Instead of the eyes, her cavities were hollow, black smoke flowing out of them. Her powdered feet were inverted backward. Surely an appearance that anyone would want to forget immediately. 

"Hurry!! Stand up!" Yoongi exclaimed as the girl was now striding towards them. 

"Ugh!" Jin was still on the floor as his cape got stuck inside one of the drawers of the nightstand behind. Taehyung's hands were busy trying to detach it. 

While she was progressing to them in the creepiest way, craving to snatch their souls away.

In a fraction of seconds, Hoseok's eyes changed their color to reddish-orange as he clenched his fists. The orange flames danced above his palm. Without a thought, he launched a fireball towards the girl. 

Suddenly without warning, the night sky was lit up by flashes of electricity. The lightning crashed through the sky as loud as a thunderbolt getting louder and louder screeching through the air. In an instant, the fragile windows shattered into a thousand tiny pieces like a glass blizzard and a deafening gust of wind swept into the room and extinguished Hoseok's flames, his eyes faded back.

The girl began to laugh hysterically like a maniac which sounded ridiculous to their ears. 

In the blur of the moment, Taehyung got rid of Jin's cape and they rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind.

They didn't realize when they had arrived in the hallway. All of them leaped onto the sofa, trying to catch their rapid breaths. The more they stared into the dark corridor, the more they could see something, someone staring back at them. The feeling of being constantly watched never leaving them.

Unanticipatedly, a bright golden ray of light emerged out from the half-broken window as if sent by heaven and cast on one of the books placed in the grand bookcase.

They went near.

"OCCULT" Moon pronounced what was written on the top center of the book as she picked it up.

"Only the right door can lead you outside." she read out flipping the first page.

They exchanged hushed glances as she turned another page.

"A spirit cannot be ended without a body."

A moment of silence fell as their eyes bore into each other's, a horrified expression painted on their faces.

"Huh? We really are living in a bubble...unbeliebubble!" Jin emphasized each word and then chuckled at his own statement.

"Seriously hyung?!" Jimin glared at him while everyone chose better to just ignore him. 

"I'm doing that!" Hoseok spoke with a stern voice.

"Are you s-...sure?" the rest of them asked in unison.

Hoseok nodded with the most serious expression ever.

"But it's very risky!" Jungkook tucked onto the sleeve of his shirt like a baby.