47. Hold Me Tight

"You're still shining

You still smell like a flower

Now trust me, hold me again

So I can feel you, hold me."

-

The heavens broke to release a torrent of rain, a farewell shower to add to the bereavement.

The sight wasn't pleasing to watch at all.

"Come on get up, Moon," Taehyung stared at her all numb, teardrops staining his puffy, red cheeks, his whole body trembling as he was holding hers limp in his embrace. "You know this isn't the time for pulling a prank, huh?"

But to no avail. Moon didn't even move the slightest.

"Taehyung is right, Moon. If you're pretending to annoy us then I gave it to you this time. Now hurry, and open your eyes." Bee slithered close to Moon as she shook her body as tears started pooling in her eyes, threatening to spill anytime.

Still no response.

"She won't wake up, Bee. She won't." Hoseok who was already in tears kneeled next to her. His heart ached to say those words to her. But he knew, he knew that nothing could bring Moon back. She had really gone.

"Moon?!" After screaming her lungs out for the one last time, Bee broke into a stream of tears as she sobbed hard into Hoseok's chest as he stroked her softly, his chin resting atop her head.

While Jimin just looked blank as even if he didn't want to, the grieving atmosphere was slowly bringing him back to the reality, the harsh reality. He didn't know what to do. No words even came out of his mouth as he dropped on the cold, damp ground and started bawling his eyes out.

His head was hung low as he was suddenly having flashbacks of that one last interaction of her with Taehyung and was beginning to realize. To realize now that he was just a third wheel between them. It was he himself who was on the interrupting side, not Taehyung. He wasn't the one made for her. She loved Taehyung and only Taehyung. They both loved each other. They were made for each other.

Regret started to pool inside Jimin as he held himself responsible for all that happened. Only if he hadn't let his darkness take control over him, Moon would be alive, not as his lover but still at least as his dear friend.

Suppressing his sobs, Taehyung leaned, placing his head near to Moon's heart. His own heart was crying when it couldn't feel beating hers. How badly he wished that he could substitute her and take all the pain instead.

"If you won't wake up now then I will not talk to you ever!" Dread had already pooled Taehyung's system and was evident on his features as well as he carried the lifeless body of Moon in his lap. "For god's sake, please get up, Moon."

"Please get up!"

Taehyung cried and cried more as he nuzzled his face into her nape, her blood staining him all but he didn't care anymore.

"I-I know this is hard but we have to leave here, Taehyung." Yoongi's voice was firm and dry-coated with sorrow as he squeezed the former's shoulder. "You have to understand, s-she has gone for a better place."

"N-No. I-I won't leave her. Not like this." Taehyung sobbed as his breathing became labored and heavy. "She doesn't like being soaked in the rain. It's cold."

"She doesn't like it hyung!"

"She doesn't like it."

With those words, Taehyung's body crumpled with a course of hot tears as he bawled hugging her close tighter than ever.