28. Together, BAM!

The icy walls disintegrated with a loud 'thud' when the others broke in.

Taehyung's worried eyes searched for two of the most mattered persons of his life.

And there they were, in each other's ambiance, sharing the warmth.

Taehyung's steps slowed down as he witnessed the scene playing in front of his eyes.

At the same moment, Jimin jolted up as their lips pulled apart, his heavy breaths came mixed with coughs. Moon's hand reached for his back, patting and calming him down.

"What happened guys, are you alright?"

"Yes," Moon answered for both of them while Jimin nodded in assurance.

She then explained the whole situation to everyone.

It would be a lie if Taehyung thought he didn't feel uncomfortable and his heart didn't shatter into pieces after seeing them like that, still, he somehow convinced his heart and mind that it was just she was left with no other way and if she hadn't done so, Jimin wouldn't have been standing among them right now.

"Alright, all is well that ends well," Bee remarked, trying to cheer the crestfallen atmosphere a little bit.

But was it really the end?

They came out of the cave, their faces clearly telling the reluctance of not wanting to encounter anything anymore because they already have had enough.

All of a sudden, a roar echoed intensely which shook them out of their state of mind. They felt nauseous when their expressions shifted incredibly, eyes wide as saucers, mouths slightly ajar and head tilted upwards.

There stood a mythical monster resembling an inhumanly giant orge, about fifteen feet tall. It had a disproportionately large head with a pair of dark sideways eyes, abundant frizzy hair covering the spikes on its back, frozen and stiff. There was no skin; all that could be seen on its surface was the powerful muscles build-up of ice, with blue blood pulsating through dirty mauve veins. The razor-sharp forearm talons were transparent and could cut like diamonds. Big clumps of icicles hung from its armor-plated body. The most distinguishing feature was actually its insanely enormous feet.

With each step it took, the ground shattered and a terrible smell followed behind.

They were baffled by the site their irises were showing them when the monster sprung its ancient, long, and doubled-edged dagger on a rock blanketed with ice, and it was sturdy enough to make them gulping down their saliva. The next thing heard was a 'clink' of its super sharp dagger with a 'crack' of the rocks which immediately dislocated themselves and crushed down into dismantled matter.

"Hey-"

"Watch out!"

Jungkook turned around, catching himself off-guard a bit when he saw some rock debris big as his own size heading towards him. His eyes bore a brilliant steel-grey shine as he blinked a few times, then threw a punch, one which completely smashed the rocks into tiny bits. He simply crackled his knuckles afterward, a smirk danced on his thin lips showing that he was not at all bothered by the sudden scenario.

One, two, three, step more, and the spiked tail of the snowy bushed monster creeped out from around the corner which snapped at Namjoon, curling his small frame within it.

"Hyung!"

Namjoon who was struggling in its tight grip looked nothing less than a dangling worm.

Taehyung pointed his index finger, his eyes switching to a gorgeous shade of purple. In a swift, a particular portion in the orge's tail went hollow as a beam matching the color of Taehyung's eyes penetrated through it. The orge made a grunt and Namjoon was instantly released from its hold and landed safely as he could fly.