42. Friends

"Raise the gate!"

The General who was clad in royal black clothes lifted both of his arms as he commanded.

Jungkook positioned himself in a fighting stance, his hands tightly balled into fists, veins were evident on his arms and neck, his irises shining bright grey in anticipation.

Through the dark, and the fading mist, there walked a being, a grey light carried along with him.

And when it came to Jungkook's view, he had to do a double-take because contrary to his expectations, there wasn't an enormous beast or another weird creature, instead, there was merely a man, a man who looked exactly like Jungkook, as if it was his replica — the same jet-black hair as him, same royal grey clothes, in fact, the same intense grey-colored eyes.

The only thing that differentiated them at the moment was that Jungkook wore a veil while the other him didn't.

Both of them circled each other, each one grinning at the tension they had caused in the ambiance. In the span of the moment, the fake Jungkook curled his hand into a fist as he aimed for Jungkook's face.

Jungkook who was still being in denial couldn't catch up with his action due to which as soon as the strong punch collided with his face, he was sent leaping in the air with a swish as he ended up on the ground nearly twenty feet away, and that on his face first, blood dripping from his mouth, staining his veil.

There was a shared exhale from the spectators as they watched in complete disbelief.

That was the moment when Jungkook came to the realization that, his copy was not only the same in his appearance but in powers as well - the amount of power that he had.

Groaning in pain, as Jungkook stood up, he could see the devious smirk that was forming on his opponent's lips.

As they charged at each other with great intensity, Jungkook swiftly ducked the second blow which was about to hurt his shoulder blade, swatting at it with his hand to knock it away.

"Oh yeah?" He yelled as he had that 'are you only capable of this much' look on his face. "Now, it's my turn!" He jumped forward as he sprinted rapidly on top of the barricades and made a perfect three-sixty degree arc in the air, his kick delivered right below the clone's jaw, giving him an uppercut. The replica couldn't gain a hold of himself as he ripped the veil off the Jungkook's face in the process as he crashed to the ground with a thud.

"Face for Face."

Jungkook landed on his feet straight away, a few strands of his jet-black hair hugging his perspiring forehead as they contended with his eyelids, the powerful grey hue glistening in his orbs underneath as he slowly averted up his gaze, his face now full-on display.

"Thanks, it was a bit suffocating anyway."

Seeing the two Jungkooks' facing each other earned an immediate collective gasp from the audience as the two couldn't be interpreted now as who's whom.

Standing dangerously close to his duplicate, Jungkook stared at his keen eyes which were identical to his own. Its glare was as intense as it was peeking deep into his soul.

"An idiot, that is what you truly are," Jungkook was surely taken aback when the other him started to converse in a voice alike to his own. "Are you blind or are you willingly turning upon your eyes from the truth?"

Jungkook found himself confused, still, he stood unaffected with his teeth gritted as he didn't want to show any sign of weakness to his replica.

"What are you talking about? Come straight to the point!"