1. Calm before the Storm

Taehyung's POV

The clock pointed at 7:00. It was seven in the morning. A ray of light leaked through the blinds and assaulted my eyelids. I turned my body, breaking the seal of my warm imprint on the bed. A looming glow invaded the room; darkness turned to soft shadows. I scrambled. Took hold of my majestic blanket, enveloping myself in it like a warm hug. All I wanted at that moment was to sleep for a thousand years.

I lazily got up from the bed, barely opening my eyes. As I opened the window, a cool breeze greeted me, slightly blowing the strands of my deep brown hair. The morning sun peeped the dew-drops looked like glittering diamonds on grass and plants. It seemed like beautiful countless leaves whispered to each other about their morning plans. The birds were chirping, the weather was cool, all due to the slight pour the night before. It was refreshing and self-calming.

After a few minutes, I took a quick shower and got ready for College. I picked up my bag, hanging it on my one shoulder, and went downstairs.

Everything was calm, unlike always. 

Dad was reading the newspaper while sipping on his green tea. Mom was busy, arranging the breakfast table. The aroma of food drawn me towards itself. A steamingly hot pot of soybean paste stew, grilled short ribs, fried egg, bean sprout rice, and some radish strip kimchi, a perfect meal to start the day with.

Gulping down a glass full of water thereafter, I left for the college. I was humming to the rhythm played in my headphones, kicking the small pebbles along the way. It was hardly a twenty minutes walk.

As soon as I arrived, I could hear a well-built guy in an off-white tee and black jeans running towards me.

"V hyung V hyung!"Jungkook approached me with his sweet smile, exposing his bunny teeth. He always called me by that name which I really liked.

"I got a new game, it's Among us." He showed me as his doe, nut-brown eyes filled with excitement. I inquisitively took it from him, the next moment the only sound that could be heard was the busy tapping of my fingers as we moved to our classroom.

"How's it? It's amazing, right?!" The latter asked. To which I just nodded as I was too immersed in my game.

We reached our classroom in no time. The first lecture was of Science. Since we both liked Science so we listened to it with great interest. 

After an hour-longed lecture, the professor dismissed the class. The next lecture was of Business Studies that I absolutely hated. It was so boring that it felt nothing less than torture.

Finally, after what felt like ages, it was break time.

We were waiting for our order at the Cafetaria's counter when a familiar, gentle voice called me.

She wore a loose Denim shirt matched with a striped tucked-in top, a pair of skinny royal-blue jeans, and white sneakers. Her chestnut hair were tied in a high messy ponytail, securing her locks just above the base of her neck, paired with silver hoops that complemented her look, simple yet elegant.

"Hey Moon, how are you?" I greeted her as my heart-shaped lips curved into a wide boxy smile.

"I'm good," She replied, her eyes welcoming as always.

Although we knew each other since our childhood, more precisely since our stuttering days, still I got nervous around her. I could feel a shade of rose pink heated up my cheeks and my heart decides to betray me in skipping its beats.

Next to her was her bosom buddy of course, besides me, Bee. They accompanied me to the corner table where Jungkook was already waiting. We comfortably settled ourselves around the round table.