Meeting the parents

Desire •
I was so excited for my parents to meet Chase and his family. I hope they really like him. He has been wonderful to me. Everyday he reminds me how beautiful I am. It's so refreshing. Today I was picking my parents up from the airport.
Dad ! Mom ! I ran to hug them as they hugged me back tight. 
My baby girl ! They say.
Look at you omg. My mom says. They haven't seen me in a few months.
Y'all look nice. I say helping them to the car.
So do you. How's everything going? My mom say.
Everything is going well. My salon is moving up. Thinking about opening another one in a different location.
That will be nice D, how's Marquee? My dad say.
There's no more Marquee. I have a new boyfriend name Chase and where on the way to meet him.
Okay. They say. As I drive to our house Chase brought a few weeks ago.

Chase •
I was meeting her parents today. I was not nervous. I felt good about today because i know what type of man I am. I got up and got dress and started cooking brunch which was done and set up real nice. As I heard Desire come in.
Hey babe. She says kissing me.
Hey mamas. I kiss her back.
This is my Mom Dana and my dad Davis.
Nice to meet you Mr and mrs Davis. He said holding his hand out.
A man with manners. We do hugs around here boy. Davis says. As I hug him and her mom.
I'll take you guys bags to your room. Brunch is set up as well. I say taking there things.

Desire •
Exactly why I think god brought this man too me. He already had brunch ready when I told him we can do it together. That's that thoughtful shit I like. As me and my mom was in the kitchen talking and eating ritz and tuna. My dad took Chase outside on the Balcony. I wonder how that's going.
Mom how you like Chase so far?
He seems like a nice man so far D, what does he do? I knew this question was gonna come but I don't lie to my family.
He sells dope. I say looking up at her as she looks at me.
As long as your happy, I'm happy. I don't know what your dad is gonna say. But yeah my prayers is with you every step of the way baby. *Hugs*
Thanks mom. I smile as a tear fell from my eyes.

Chase •
So what do you do young man. Davis asked looking straight into my eyes as i looked up at him back.
I'm gone be straight forward with you sir. I sell dope.
He looked at me with disappointment and sighed.
How long is you gone be in this business? You know I love my daughter and since Marquee I have never seen her smile like she do looking at you. I need to know she's safe. She's my only child.
I love her sir. I ain't gone be in this business for long. She's safe. I say looking at him sincerely.
That's all that matters, call me Davis and welcome to the family. He said as i was happy to hear. We walked back in as the girls where setting the table up.

Desire •
As me and my mom was setting the table up , Chase and my dad walked back in. They were smiling and laughing and that told me what I needed to know.

I see y'all getting along.
Yeah. They say sitting down as we all sat down. We ate and talked, laughed. It started getting late. My parents went to bed and so did we.

I love you. Chase says as i looked at him and smiled holding him.

I love you more handsome. As he holds me tight. I hope he never lets me go. Cause I wont.