Chapter 9

"I thought I was about to die." Noelle said as Asta carefully dropped her. "So what about our shopping? I brought money fufufu." Asta said as he brought out his pouch. "I forgot about that. We're near the marketplace so no worries." Noelle said. "Just give me time to rest, I think my soul left my body." Noelle added.

"You see! The kid took care of your small sister! He could've been a better brother than you are." Jack said as he left the room leaving Nozel all alone. "Out of all people, why must it be a commoner?" Nozel said.

"Noelle! Check this! You'll like it!" Asta pointed at a dog but to no luck, Noelle wanted the bird that was resting on Asta's head. "You can have this bird!" Asta said as he tried to grab it. The bird keeps on dodging his hands and tries to rest on Asta's head again. "It won't leave me alone." Asta said with a pout. "That's fine! I'll get to see him everyday so it's not a problem. You're annoyingly cute." Noelle said talking to the bird.

"Yoo-hoo my lovely juniors! Are you going out on a date?" Vanessa appeared behind them and Asta quickly answered. "We were shopping!" Asta said. "I know a place where you could literally buy something for Noelle to control her magic!" Vanessa said as she grabbed the two by the wrist and pulled them to a nearby wall. The three entered the black market and was surprised of what they see around.

The three went around the market together. Vanessa saw a wand and asked the seller of what it can do. "This wand is basically for those who couldn't control their magic." The seller told Vanessa. "Asta! Come see this!" Vanessa called Asta. "Asta are you sure about this?" Vanessa asked. "I'll buy it, I'll give it to her as a surprise." Asta said. "It costs 5,000 yuls sir." The seller asked. Asta brought out 5,000 yuls and gave it to the seller.

Noelle was not with them since she was bugged by Sekke. Noelle wasn't able to see what Asta bought for her. "Beautiful lady, may I ask for your name, and also would you like to go on a date with me?" Sekke asked. "No and no." Noelle replied. "So you'd rather choose that manaless peasant than someone who will be the next captain of the Green Mantis?" Sekke asked. "Atleast he clapped you on the magic exams without even using a fourth of his power. That proves that you're all mouth." Noelle replied. "Just go on a date with me." Sekke said desperately as he held Noelle's hands tightly. Noelle was struggling and it was obvious. "Let go of me insect!" Noelle demanded.

"Exchange"

Noelle's hand calmed down and was now holding a pebble. "Asta! Thank you!" Noelle said as she searched for Asta.

"Tsk. If you got rejected I suggest that you don't use force." Asta said to Sekke. "Yes sir!" Sekke said while he was panicking. "Fine now go apologize to her. I want you to bow your head and kneel while begging for forgiveness. Sekke went to Noelle quickly and bowed his head. "I'm sorry ms for doing it. I'm truly sorry!" Sekke said as Noelle walked away. "Byes, Bah-ha!" Asta said as he walked out of the black market with Noelle and Vanessa.

"I'll leave you guys alone now, I have to go somewhere." Vanessa said as she took her leave.

"You know what I'm thinking Elle?" Asta asked. "OFCOURSE I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!" Noelle replied. The two happily skipped around the town and found a good restaurant.

"So I was invited by Finral to a mixer back then and I met this girl who runs a restaurant. This is her restaurant let's try this." Asta said. "You went on a mixer?" Noelle asked. "Yeah, you probably wouldn't know because you were in your room. WHAT DO YOU EVEN DO IN YOUR ROOM AND WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LOCK YOURSELF UP IN THERE!?" Asta asked. "I enjoy books ok, I couldn't read in peace when I'm in the main room, it's too chaotic there." Noelle replied. "It makes sense." Asta said.

"Asta! You're here!" Rebecca was shocked to see Asta in her restaurant. "Come in Asta." Rebecca offered a table for two for the partner. "Sis, ride the guy before that girl does it first." Rebecca's sister said. "Do you even know what you're saying?" Rebecca asked her sibling.

"Me? Ride Asta? NO WAY IN HELL!" Noelle said in her thoughts. The food was served and they quickly finished it. Asta stood up and said goodbye to Rebecca. "Wait Asta I have something to give you!" Rebecca said. Asta and Noelle stopped from walking. "Sorry but he's mine." Rebecca said in her thoughts while imagining that she was talking to Noelle. Rebecca closed the gap and was about to lay her lips on Asta's cheeks.

"Exchange"

Asta and the chair exchanged places as Rebecca was disappointed. "I'm sorry for doing that but I overheard your sister and your conversation a while a go." Asta said as he grabbed Noelle's wrist and walked out.

"Why the attitude Asta?" Noelle asked. "I know that it also made you uncomfortable Elle. You can't deny it." Asta said and Noelle nodded. "She can ride me in her dreams if she's that wet." Asta said. "I never knew that Asta has a side like this. I never even knew that he knows those words." Noelle thought. "Just calm down Asta, the kid didn't mean it." Noelle said as she rubbed Asta's back. Asta was clearly mad.

It was already evening and the two were about to reach the Black Bulls base. "Uhm Noelle, before we enter. I have something to give for you hehe." Asta said. "What?" Noelle asked and Asta brought out a box. "What's inside?" Noelle asked. "See for yourself." Asta said. Noelle opened the box and saw a wand. "What's the purpose of this?" Noelle asked. "It can let you control your magic! Try it!" Asta said. Noelle pointed the wand the other way around and tried.

"Sea Dragon's Roar!"

Nothing much to say because I'm hungry asf. Peace Out!
-Minami