Chapter 14

"Damn, I think this is what they call true love." Asta said in his thoughts and smiled at Noelle. "What's funny?" Noelle asked. "Elle, this is what you call genuine happiness." Asta said to Noelle and tapped her head. "Come on. The squad with the most stars will be announced." Noelle said as she pulled Asta again and ran.

The pair gathered the nobles and the royals' attentions because it was so unusual for someone in the house of Silva hanging out with a commoner, especially a manaless one. "See! Noelle had changed within this past months!" Vanessa said to Grey and Finral which just arrived.

Everyone was gathered in the center of the town as the Wizard King appeared in the stage. "Tonight is the Star Festival Awards and I happily congratulate every squad for doing their best for the Clover Kingdom." Julius said in the microphone. Everyone was happy to see the Wizard King in the stage and clapped.

"Let's now welcome the captain of the Magic Knights!" Julius said. Every captain came out except for Yami and Charlotte. Julius was not surprised with Yami but he sure is surprised with Charlotte.

"Now, for the squad who gathered most stars this year." Julius said while making everyone say their guesses.

"The Crimson Lions will be the number one!"

"The Silver Eagles would get it!"

"Idk but the Blue Rose Knights are looking good!"

"The Golden Dawn! They got 118 stars this year which shows how much they accomplished this year. Last year they got 82 stars and managed to reach the hundreds." Julius said as everyone clapped. "The talented rookie of the Golden Dawn, Yuno, was a big part of this achievement. He was chosen by the wind spirit, Sylph." Julius added as Yuno walked out from the backstage. "Where is Fuegoleon? Who's this woman?" Yuno asked his self.

Asta and Noelle clapped and saw Yami besides them. "Captain Yami! Why aren't you there!?" Asta asked. "Shush your damn mouth kid, I'm trying to hide!" Yami replied.

"For the squad who gathered the second most stars!" Julius stopped making the crowd guess.

"It's probably the Crimson Lions."

"It's totally Silver Eagles."

"The Black Bulls! They gathered 115 stars, a big leap from their -30 stars last year!" Julius said. Everyone was in total shock, including the Black Bulls. "WHAT THE HECK!" Asta shouted. "Hey! Anyone from the Black Bulls here?" Julius asked. "It's your time to shine kid, go there!" Yami said. "But.." Asta was cut off by Yami saying "You can do it." Asta marked his Demon Slayer sword and threw it towards the stage.

"Look at the flying sword!"

"Is that an assassination attempt?"

"It's so fast!"

"Follow" Asta said. Asta appeared besides the sword and grabbed it landing safely infront of the Wizard King. "This is Asta. The one who contributed big time for this success. He was the one who defended the Clover Kingdom from the Diamond Kingdom Army." Julius said. "Yo! Hi!" Asta said flustered.

"He stopped a whole army? How strong is this kid!?"

Sekke shouted "Those two are from the boonies! Not to mention that Asta kid has no mana!" Everyone started to doubt the two rookies.

"Did the Black Bulls got it by luck or did they black mailed someone?"

"It's totally by luck."

"Bell, full power." Yuno said. "I won't take it the other way!" Bell replied. A giant wind crossbow appeared to Yuno and pointed it to Asta. The wind was so strong that it was felt at the back of the crowd. Asta brought out his Demon-Dweller and prepared. Yuno launched the attack and Asta absorbed it. The wind suddenly disappeared but Asta's sword glowed green. "Where did all the wind go?" The crowd asked.

Asta raised his sword and released all the wind that he absorbed to the sky. Julius was so hyped up with what he saw and everyone were surprised.

"He sent a powerful attack! And he absorbed it!"

"These rookies were childhood friends and trained each other for years. They have devoted themselves for the Clover Kingdom no matter what their status are." Julius said.

The ceremony was ended and Asta and Yuno followed Julius at the top of the tower. "Anything that disturbs you? Asta, Yuno?" Julius asked. "Uhm, we just wanna say thank you mr. Julius!" Asta said as the brothers bowed their heads. "That's nothing! You guys focus on improving. See you soon!" Julius said as he disappeared.

"I gotta go Yuno, I marked someone with follow. Wanna join me?" Asta asked Yuno. "Sure." Yuno replied as he held Asta's shoulder. "Follow."

The two suddenly appeared besides Noelle and surprised her. "WHEN DID YOU PUT A MARK ON ME!?" Noelle asked. "It's a secret." Asta replied. "Why didn't we walked?" Yuno asked Asta. ""I heard that captain Fuegoleon went somewhere and his sister became the acting captain. She was shouting at the Crimson Lions and I don't want to disturb." Asta said. "You made the right decision and used your mind for the first time Dorksta." Noelle said. "Why?" Asta asked.

"Mereoleona is a hot-blooded person. She is the Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness of the CLover Kingdom. Once she has her paws on you, you won't be able to get out from her." Noelle said which scared Asta. Yuno and Asta went separate ways and the duo went to the bar and saw Mereoleona talking to Yami and Charlotte. Yuno was in Mereoleona's paws with a disappointed face. Mereoleona took the 2 captains with her paws.

"M-Mereoleona! Nice seeing you here!" Noelle said as she tried to sneak away pulling Asta. "You grown so much Noelle!" Mereoleona replied. "Thank you Mereoleona!" Noelle replied maintaining distance. "But you two won't get away." Mereo added with a laugh as she grabbed Noelle and Asta by the head. "Asta, I'll show you my new spell later." Noelle said to Asta. "Fine." Asta replied.

The 5 arrived in Yultim Volcano and saw the Crimson Lions there. "Okay brats! You'll climb that volcano and there will be a hot spring at the top!" Mereoleona shouted as she dropped the 5. "I have high hopes for the 2 rookies that were featured a while ago!" Mereoleona added referring to Asta and Yuno. "Why tf are we even here." Yuno said in his thoughts.

I have no announcements so God bless and peace out!

-Minami