Quest For The Best! || Chapter 1

3 years have passed since the Spade saga. Licht Grinberyall is now 2 years old and was living a happy life with his family. His father was Yuno Grinberyall and his mother was Mimosa Grinberyall.

"Papa, when will uncle Asta return?" Licht asked. "We don't know... He's busy with his work as a captain." Yuno replied. "Aww, but I miss uncle Asta!" Licht said. Yuno laughed and gave the young man a head pat. "Uncle Asta would go here once his job is finished." Yuno said with a smile.
_________________________________________

Asta and the other captains were at the coliseum. The annual Magic Knights exam is about to start. As usual, Vangeance starts the exam with a giant tree emerging from the sky. There are 8 active squads in the Clover Kingdom and the Gray Wolves had the best name.

The squads were;
The Black Bulls
The Gray Wolves
The Golden Dawn
The Silver Eagles
The Crimson Lion Kings
The Purple Orcas
The Blue Rose Knights and
The Aqua Deer

Many were surprised when a flock of anti birds gathered around the captain of the best squad.

"Is he really the captain?"
"He doesn't have a leak of mana?"

Two examinees stood up for the gossips.

"Big brother Asta is powerful! Don't underestimate him!" A red haired kid named Nash shouted.

"Big brother Asta saved me countless of times!" A blonde haired girl said named Marie.

"MARIE!? I'M SURE SHE'S STILL TWELVE!? WHY WAS SHE ACCEPTED!?" Asta asked. The vice captain of the Gray Wolves appeared and whispered "She got her grimoire earlier than expected."

"Liebe! Beelzelbub! Are you seeing this shit!?" Asta asked.

"Yes, Dorksta."
"Yes, Master."

"Your magic sure is effective for removing the anti birds from me! Thanks, Beelzelbub!" Asta said with a smile. "That's my job as a servant, master!" Beelzelbub replied.

"Bro you're so dumb that you're a servant!" Liebe said with a loud laugh.

"Who are you to talk?" Beelzelbub asked.

"I'VE GOR EQUAL CONTRACTS! EQUAL CONTRACTS ARE BETTER THAN BEING A SLAVE, BITCH!" Liebe added.

Beelzelbub accepted defeat.

The exam went smooth and Marie just defeated an old geezer who's been trying for almost 10 years. Nash defeated someone with water attribute. It was cool to see someone with fire attribute defeat its weakness.

The exam was finished and the captains got their new kids. Nash and Marie went to the Gray Wolves. Asta was happy that the two chose the Gray Wolves. He wanted to nurture the talent of the two. Little did he know that a big time mission was waiting for him.
_________________________________________

"Welcome to the HQ of the Gray Wolves! Feel at home! Kirsch, show Nash his room. Elle, show Marie her room." Asta said as he gave robes to the two. "Captain, why did you took some young ones?" Kirsch asked. "I saw potential in them." Asta replied.

"Thanks for raising your hand, big bro Asta!" Marie said. "You better write to your real big bro or else he'll shoot a reflect refrain at me hehe." Asta said with a sweat drop.

"So Asta, you don't like sister Lily anymore huh." Nash teased. "Don't bring the past back." Asta replied while blushing. "YOU PROBABLY REALIZED THAT NUNS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO MARRY SOMEONE HAHAHA!" Nash added. "One more tease and you'll be going to the Silver Eagles." Asta said with a scary laugh. "Dorksta, that's too much!" Noelle complained. "I know what I'm doing, he's my younger brother after all." Asta replied.

"YOU GOT YEETED FROM THE DEMOM REALM TO THIS PLACE BECAUSE YOU'RE A WEAKLING!" Beelzelbub shouted.

"YOU SET YOUR FOOT HERE JUST TO GET YOURSELF GET CLAPPED! TRANSFORMATION MY ASS! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET AN ATTACK IN THE ANTI MAGIC BARRIER!" Liebe replied.

"2-0 in favor of Liebe." Asta said. 3 years have passed and the two demons were continuously arguing. They were friends but it was their habit to fight and argue about every little thing.

"NO FOOD FOR YOU TWO IF YOU'LL CONTINUE SHOUTING!" Noelle said. "We'll behave, ma'am." The two said in unison. "You're a scary mom, Elle." Asta said.
_________________________________________

A captains meeting was arranged because of a specific mission that Fuegoleon was offered. The captains arrived one by one.

Vangeance
Rill
Asta
Nebra
Charlotte
Yami
Leopold
Kaiser

"Thank God you guys are complete. A man from Japan asked me for a specific thing." Fuegoleon said. "Japan? That's my country!?" Yami said. "Yes, I believe that there was a team that wants to take over the world. The power was incredible. They were calling me when one of them burned a whole island in a single attack." Fuegoleon said. Everyone was amazed with what they heard.

"I want the best of the best to go to this mission. I'll call this mission as "the quest for the best!" any questions?" Fuegoleon asked. "What's the maximum member count for one quest?" Asta asked.

"2" Fuegoleon replied. "I forgot to add that King Yuno and Queen Mimosa would take part of the mission. I'll add Secre in the line up if you guys need to seal something." Fuego added.

The Quest for the Best team consisted of the following members.

Asta
Noelle
Yami
Yuno
Mimosa
Morgen
Secre
Nebra
Leopold

"We, other captains, would stay for the protection of the kingdom." Vangeance said. "I guess that's it! Prepare to depart tomorrow! Goodluck!" Fuego said.

"I'M EXCITED!" Asta shouted

THIS BOOK IS BACK! I DON'T HAVE ANY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS SO GOD BLESS AND PEACE OUT!
-Minami