Chapter 16

Asta was in the common room talking with Noelle when Yami suddenly appeared and told Asta "Yo brat, the Wizard King wants to see you in his office. Need a ride?" Yami asked. "I'll go there by myself Yami sir!" Asta said. "Got to go Elle, see you later." Asta said as he waved goodbye to Noelle.

Asta arrived at the Royal Capital and thought "What does the Wizard King want from me? I guess I'm about to find out." Asta said as he slowly opened the Wizard King's door. Asta scanned the room and saw Julius and Mereo together. "Hi Asta! I called you here for a very important thing." Julius said. "Go ahead, I'm listening." Asta replied.

"We are about to start an event called the Royal Knights Selection. The Royal Knights is a squad that will be made to stop the elves from their actions. We will exempt you and you'll get to become a Royal Knight without taking the exam." Julius said. "Sure, I'll take the offer." Asta said. "But you must spar with Mereo first to see if she approves." Julius said. "I'm totally fine with that Julius sir!" Asta said.

Asta was brought to a large battlefield without distractions and got into a staring contest with Mereo. "You just want to see more spells Julius." Mereo said. "This will show us how powerful Asta is." Julius said. The two went on a fighting stance before Julius says go.

"Go!"

Asta quickly threw his Demon Slayer sword at Mereo but Mereo avoided it easily. "Follow." Asta appeared behind Mereo and tried to hit her with the sword. Mereo suddenly disappears and reappears behind Asta. "Calidos Brachium!" Asta got hit in the face as he was sent flying.

Asta went to 10% mode and started to run in the air. "So he can do that as well huh." Mereo said. Asta ran upwards and maintained proper distance from Mereo. He threw his Demon Slayer again to Mereo but she easily avoided it again. "The same trick won't work against me!" Mereo shouted.

"Follow" Asta appeared besides his sword and looked at the Mereo that was anticipating him. The Calidos Brachium was about to hit when he suddenly used "Return." Asta went back to the air and put his Demon-Dweller and Demon-Destroyer on an X position and quickly rushed to Mereo. "The Demon's Burial" Asta used his new move on Mereo and managed to hit her. The smoke covered them and Julius was fascinated with the fight.

The smoke cleared out showing that Asta barely hit Mereo but wounded her. "Not bad for a kid." Mereo said. "So you were still warming up huh." Asta said. "You sure know who you're fighting." Mereo replied.

The two was hard to see with the naked eye because they were too fast. "Asta is on another level for a rookie! He can even keep up with Mereoleona who is the strongest!" Julius said to Marx. "The Clover Kingdom is in good hands." Marx replied. "Yep!"

Asta suddenly landed infront of Julius while unconscious. "So is Asta exempted?" Julius asked. "Yeah, he sure is tough. He still hasn't controlled his full power yet but he gave me a run for my money." Mereo replied.

Asta woke up with Dr. Owen and asked him what happened. "Well I can use the most of my power but I got issues when I go 50% up. I still haven't mastered this power." Asta explained. Noelle and Yami suddenly showed up and Asta assured that he is fine. "I heard that Julius will remove you from the upcoming exams huh. You probably still gonna watch right?" Yami said. "Ofcourse! I want to see Noelle and the others pass the exam and beat their asses!" Asta replied back.

The three had went back to the base and they saw the bulls inside, as noisy as ever. "I heard that you gave captain Mereoleona a good fight! Fight me too!" Luck said. "How'd you guys know?" Asta asked. "How could we not look? The immense amount of mana was overwhelming!" Magna said. "Hehe, so I guess you saw my loss huh." Asta said embarrassed. "You're way too good for a rookie! You even gave the strongest woman a hard time!" Luck said making Asta blush.

"The Royal Knights Exam will start tomorrow so I suggest that you guys take a rest." Asta said. Everyone went back to their own rooms and started to rest for the exam. "My back hurts alot!"
Asta said to his self while going in his room.
_________________________________________

Noelle was blushing as Asta pinned her down in her bed and took of his shirt. "I want you Asta!" Noelle said as she also took her shirt off. "Are you sure you're ready for this Noelle?" Asta asked. "Mhm, I love you Asta!" Noelle said. "I love you too Noelle!" Asta replied.

"ASTA BE GENTLE!" Noelle quickly rose up and realized that it was all a dream. "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DREAM!? DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M HAVING WET DREAMS ABOUT ASTA!" Noelle said in her thoughts as she looked in her bed. "Oh great, my sheets are damn wet." Noelle said in disappointment.

Asta felt a sudden cold in his back and shook. "What was that sudden feeling?" Asta asked.

Should I write the Royal Knights exam or do a time skip? I'm hyped up to write the elves arc so I'm thinking if I should just do a time skip. Opinions may help me but I'm 80% sure that I'll do a time skip. Peace out and God bless!
-Minami