CHAPTER 50: Why Are You Trembling

"Are you really sure of this? Okay ka lang ba talaga? You can really work with them Drake? The three of you will in the same shifts. Hindi kaya-"

Carl was so worried of Drake as he decided to go back to work despite of all the chaos he have been going through.

"Saan ka ba nag-aalala? Sa akin o sa mga pasyente? I can do it Carl. Don't worry, no patient will be jeopardize. Naboboring na din ako, I miss bloody shifts. I can do it..."

"You can do it physically, but emotionally? Can you really do it? Kaya mo bang makita si Arylle na parang anino ni Nathan? Do you know how PDA they are sometimes? Halos langgamin ang ER kapag magka-duty sila. Its like-"

"They are getting married diba? Soon, magiging mag-asawa na sila. Believe me, I'm happy for them. Oo masakit, pero Arylle deserves the happiness na hindi ko kayang ibigay sa kanya. When I made that decision Carl, I was prepared for everything. Isa pa, this can be the last thing I can do for her. Gusto ko tahimik ang buhay niya. I need to catch that fucking culprit. And the only way for me to do it is to be near with her."

"Last thing..." Parang pinipiga ang dibdib ni Carl nang marinig ang salitang yun.

"Last thing before Nathan and her tie the knot. And yes...last thing Carl. Last thing..." He smiled while saying those words while Carl was trying to hide his emotions.

"Drake-"

"Stop!" Hinila niya si Carl at bumulong. Nasa opisina silang dalawa, pero hindi gusto ni Drake na may ibang makarinig at makaalam ng sasabihin ni Carl.

Drake whispered while tapping Carl's shoulder. He was comforting and reassuring him that he was okay.

"Ikaw, si Gian at si Sam lang ang dapat makaalam nun."

"Pero Drake! How can you-"

"Carl! Please! Ilang beses na nating pinag-usapan to. Just keep your mouth shut. Okay lang ako. Don't overeact. I can handle it."

"Why do you keep on protecting Arylle? Nathan can do it! Don't torture yourself like this!"

"I'm not torturing myself. I am just protecting the woman I love the most Carl. Alam mo kung gaano ko siya kamahal diba? This the least thing I can do for her para magkaroon siya ng maayos at tahimik na buhay."

"Even it will break you in to pieces?"

"Even it will make me dead over and over Carl. I will always choose to protect Arylle. I will always choose to make her happy. I will always choose what's best for her."

"Whatever Drake! Regarding the tr-"

"I'm fucking okay Carl." Mabilis na putol ni Drake.

"Masyado ka nag-iisip eh. I already told you, I can handle it. So keep your mouth shut. Do you understand?"

"Fine." Bumuntong hininga na lang si Carl dahil alam niyang hindi na niya mababago ang isip ni Drake.

"Good! I will start my shift now. See you later." Tumayo na si Drake nang muling magsalita si Carl.

"Alam mong andito lang kami ni Gian para sayo. We are doing everything to help you. If I need to move mountains to get that-"

"Tang-inang yan! Nagda-drama ka na naman Carl. Tigilan mo na nga yan, wala na akong ibang narinig sa inyong dalawa ni Gian kundi ang-"

"We love you bro, you know that right. Even Nathan is worried about his proposal and marriage. He doesn't want to hurt you."

"Nag-usap na kami ni Nathan, sabi ko nga sa kanya...if he can do it early, I can be his bestman. Kaya dapat pakasalan na niya si Arylle ngayon." Nakangiting sabi ni Drake saka tuluyang tumayo.